Fullness Feeling When Not In A Flareup

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I get this sensation of feeling full, right up to my rib cage at times, along with being bloated in the lower abdomen, even though I've had diarrhea for days.  It's very uncomfortable, and at times, feels like my entire abdomen is either hot or cold; it's hard to tell.

I am wondering if anyone else experiences this, and if they've gone to their doctor right away about it, or let it pass.  I have severe sigmoid diverticulitis that has worsened over the past year.  Because of this, every twinge has me worried.  

I've yet to have a colonoscopy, but have had a few CT scans.  

Just more concerned at the moment about the overall feeling of fullness to the point of being uncomfortable.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I am experiencing the same sensation - feeling a fullness and tightness throughout my abdomen with a generalized warm feeling. No fever. And it’s not painful to press on my stomach, it’s just uncomfortable. Walking around seems to help a bit but it returns soon after I sit down. I may try some Gas-X (simethicone) when I get home from work.
  • Posted

I had the feeling of fullness with pain when touched but not the heat. I went to ER and ended up in the ct machine. Results nothing showed up wrong but my white count was high so I ended up on antibiotics. I had no fever. They said my divers were where they would expect them to show so it was said it was probably them acting up. Most of my fullness/pain was up very high. I took the antibiotics because I was having some diver pain. That was April 1. I am still having diver pain today. When in doubt go get help in my humble opinion.
  • Posted

I am 10 days post antibiotics for diverticulitis. I continued to have diarrhea all the time i was taking them. I have had constant diarrhea since them and now in the last couple of days i have bloating and discomfort, no actual pain or fever. Not sure how long to continue this way before i see a dr.  Feel ok between bouts of diarrhea but am going upwards of 8 to 10 times a day and i am exhaused. It does not seem to matter what i eat or dont eat, the diarrhea continues.  Anyone have any suggestions?
    • Posted

Kelloggs All Bran Cereal is packed full of insoluble fiber which I assume would be good for diarrhea but as it expands (soaking up fluid) it will also put pressure on the colon wall so don't eat 2 bowls at once like i did or you may have pain. I would start with a half a bowl or less and increase slowly.

• Posted

I was told by a doctor to eat white minute rice when I have diarrhea. It helped me and I didn't have to eat a lot of it for it to work.

At 10 days post antibiotic you should be on low residue and virtually no fibre so instant white rice might help.

• Posted

I have been following a low residue diet but it is now five weeks since the beginning of the pain and diarrhea.  Have been finished antibiotics for 13 days. Have not noticed much improvment    I have been having some oatbran which seems to help a little.  It has at least decreased the amount of trips to the bathroom

• Posted

was you on two antibiotics for 13 days or one? Two together tears me up , which antibiotics was you taking?
    • Posted

I took cipro and flagyl for two weeks and have now been finished for 13 days. They made me feel really ill. 
  • Posted

Dixie I have REALLY bad the bloated in the lower abdomen feels like a heavy weight when sitting down. Its been like that since this mess! I get upper too but worse lower... 

DOES anyone still drink their coffee?

• Posted

Some days I have coffee but not others. It does not seem to make any difference. 
    • Posted

I've been sticking to just one coffee first thing in the morning.  For me, it will make the digestive system too active if I have anymore during the day.  That's why I choose to have the one coffee while I'm still at home and able to run when it starts to act.

• Posted

The uncomfortable fullness I was feeling yesterday is settled down, but this morning, my lower abdomen is on fire and in pain.  It looks like something I'll have to monitor closely to see if it could be food-related.  I guess a daily diary would be a good idea.  

• Posted

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply.  I appreciate it.  I really like this group, because people are very respectful of each other, I've learned so much from the experiences that others have shared on here.  It's more comforting and educational than talking to my GP.  Thank you again.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up