Funny?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I thought I would post this as now it seems comical.   Last night I woke up around 3am with my usual tossing and turning with some pain and swelling (5 wks out).  I  went into my well rehearsed drill of getting up and putting an ice bag on the knee and moving to my recliner in my small living area. It looks like a NASA control station in there with the remotes and a laptop, guitar within reach, water bottle etc.  I'm snug with the cat dosing in my lap. I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself for thinking ahead and being ready.  At that very SECOND the ice bag breaks and sends a stream of ice water along my legs and around my ...nether region.   I  am trying to bail off the side of the recliner and the cat is hanging on with sharp claws (and he is 13 lbs).  My feet are bound up in the blanket and I'm cussing like a sailor, arching my butt away from  the pooling ice water.  It is funny (kind of) now but a few hours ago not so much.  Thought I would share that ...    I

7 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Great picture!! You have to laugh sometimes - otherwise it would all be tears. You are certainly well prepared!!
  • Posted

Hahaha, that was funny, though not for you though.  Or the cat...lol.   Let's hope a few more weeks you won't have this problem.  Good luck x
  • Posted

It's good to be able to laugh in these situations😄. Some months ago my ice cuff sprang a nasty leak too, just as raised my leg up the wall whilst lying on my bed!! I did laugh too, but I was so looking forward to that comforting relief that only an ice cuff can give when you have a TKR and I was really upset! I then was like a woman on a mission bidding for a replacement cuff on EBay, which I won and still use!
  • Posted

That gave me such a laugh,and ive not even had my surgery yet...
  • Posted

I wonder if your corpulent cat dug his claws into the ice bag???  They do love to 'make dough' when they are happy!  Nice to have a smile now and again.
  • Posted

Had a laugh at this post having had a 3am tossing and turning  aswell ! Hope you have some better nights sleep  this did cheer me up  thanks . 
  • Posted

Oh this did make me laugh....I am sleeping in spare room so not to wake hubby but I too have a grabber...painkillers..tv and remote....Water...heated blanket....A fan...its like a bedsit all to myself but every time I come to for the usual tossing and turning my cat thinks I'm awake for his benefit so appears at my head swiping me with his paw so I will stroke him....animals ay! I also think I am the only person who absolutely cannot stand ice on my knee I used the cyro cuff twice and literally threw it on the floor after 10 mins but I have no idea why I don't like it
    • Posted

Not fond of ice myself. . actually tried hot water bottle on my knee last night and it was very nice!
    • Posted

I bought a heated blanket and I lay on my side with knee on a pillow and a hot water bottle beneath this seems to have worked all the way through luckily...maybe I just can't stand the cold so hate the ice lol
  • Posted

I sleep in the spare room too and have a whole station of entertainment, medicine and refreshments! Tab, kindle,phone puzzle books, crochet, heated cloak (i kid you not) ice cuff and bucket and hot drink in a flask. Medicine top drawer, biscuits next drawer! Cat optional lol!
  • Posted

I have 3 bedrooms in my home, first week in the bedroom downstairs, across from hubby's room, then I made him switch beds because I wanted our own bed, he slept n my first one for a week, then I moved upstairs to the 3 Rd one and he went back to our bed. When the fear of hitting my knee was over, I kind of liked sleeping alone. Lol. And yes each move was major move, phone, tablets, pills,books etc. seems funny now. I finally went back to sleeping with him. 
    • Posted

get this......my husband had restless knee syndrome.....over OUCH!  he had no idea why I found that a problem I bet YOU do!  

• Posted

"The best laid plans of mice and men.........." Or even cats? I really ,love that story  but poor you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.