Funny?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I thought I would post this as now it seems comical.   Last night I woke up around 3am with my usual tossing and turning with some pain and swelling (5 wks out).  I  went into my well rehearsed drill of getting up and putting an ice bag on the knee and moving to my recliner in my small living area. It looks like a NASA control station in there with the remotes and a laptop, guitar within reach, water bottle etc.  I'm snug with the cat dosing in my lap. I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself for thinking ahead and being ready.  At that very SECOND the ice bag breaks and sends a stream of ice water along my legs and around my ...nether region.   I  am trying to bail off the side of the recliner and the cat is hanging on with sharp claws (and he is 13 lbs).  My feet are bound up in the blanket and I'm cussing like a sailor, arching my butt away from  the pooling ice water.  It is funny (kind of) now but a few hours ago not so much.  Thought I would share that ...    I

7 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

LOL "The best  laid plans of mice and men (read Cats and men?...) oft gang awray."
  • Posted

I use a large bag of peas for my ice bag and one night i couldn't get back to sleep and decided to get the ice pack.

Soon after i fell asleep.

In the early hours i woke feeling cold and wet only to find i must have rolled onto the bag of peas and it had split. The bed - and i, was covered in green peas. They were on the floor too which made escaping hazardous!

The sight was amazing . My husband couldn't stop laughing!

Can you imagine how many peas in a 1.5kg bag!

• Posted

Oh i dont know! The imagery of you and the cat leaping around - i reckon we're neck and neck lol smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.