Fusion in Back

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone ever experienced their back fusing itself? I went to an orthopedic doctor in reference to my TKP. He had x-rays done of my knee and back and recommended that I do not let anyone tell me that I need a fusion in my back becuz it has fused itself. Well, I still have the same symptoms of tingling, burning, numbness like a string tied tight around my toes. Was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, arthritis in lower lumbar, heriated, bulging disc in L4, L5. Had a sequestered disc removed which was suppose to be bulging and heriated in 2011. A year later was told it was herniated and bulging again. I don't work and did no strengthous exercises to even cause it to re-herniated anything. I don't have back pain, only leg pain. I don't like taking pain meds for they are too harsh on the body. Only 61 and walk like 81. I refuse 5o give up and settle for all these different medical opinions. I've researched and found more from these board discussions than the ones who were paid thousands of dollars to operate. Sad but it's true. My knee is feeling much better after following personal video posting of others. 6 mos recovery turned into 2 years and still got ways to go but I do see improvement finally. It's been rough I must admit.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Wishing you the best in recovering from TKR, I do understand the confusion when back issues or discuss with doctors and one says one thing and another says something totally different! I thought surfer would solve back pain L4/5 S1 lumbar the doctor said he would not touch me because the spine would collapse! Suggested Lyrica but I ask would he take it and he said no! It would take screws, and rods, and the possible of loosening and infection was risks he did not want to have! Not taking Lyrica and had a partial knee replacement and it is hell, will not have my left one done! This is it for me! I am currently researching diets, exercising, and taking Limbrel and vitamin C to help! Take care, and get several opinions but the decision is yours, I had a compression done in the lumbar in 2011 have no idea about a fusion, it did not help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.