Fybogel

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since I had my gallbladder removed 3 months ago

I'm suffering with worse IBS symptoms plus I'm also having

nausea . Cramping is my biggest problem. I have seen a GP about

It and he's suggested taking 3 sachets of Fibogel a day .

With one sachets of Fibogel I'm constipated . I could never take

3 a day but can manage 2 . I'm barely eating because I can't cope

with the pain and diarrhea . Anyone know if 2 sachets a day would make the constipation worse /better . Consultant wants me on Fibogel but Lactulose makes me go a lot easier.

I would appreciate some thoughts on what to expect from the Fibogel please , does it ease cramps and stop diarrhea ?

Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I cant talk about Fibogel , but colestipol where GI doctor gave me when i had stomach cramps and diarrhea for 6 months , after 6th day my diarrhea is stopped and got constipated, then GI advised to take half a tablet and after 2 days i stopped, my cramping and diarrhea stopped. After that you need to follow low fat/protein diet for sure. No fried foods,no protein ,etc. Only easily digestible foods for few months until you heal your inflammation. Boiled rice with 0% yogurt fat will really will be a good option and its easily digestible. Based on my personal experience i'm telling this.

• Posted

I had the diarrhoea for over a year, on and off, some days worse than others. Also nausea often.  I tried all sorts but have found diet has been the best key for me. FODMAP has helped then really concentrating on cutting out any fried food, oils,gluten, dairy.  This has been working for me a lot more than medications but i will use lactulose if I ever need help again.  Its hard to,shop,and i get some good hints from others which helps.  Dinner now consists of fish which i vary, chicken, which i use plain breast no skin on, can make it into soups, stews etc with veg.  Potatoes and rice are ok for me too. Hope that helps you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.