G.A.D & Agoraphobia is ruining my life

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Panic disorder and agoraphobia over 5 years ago, Only since early 2013 it all seemed to get worse Even tried Cbt. Mindfullness. It's all Failed for me. Nothing seems to work or at-least help me. Since late 2015  to the present it has spiraled out of control. Every night is a living nightmare. Extreme fear! Anxiety attacks, Panic attacks nearly every night, So bad i can not sleep due to extreme fear of unknown.Psychotic daydreams.Psychotic night mares. I can't even take any medication! due to extreme fear of all the side effects are going to give me or worse will kill me. I am petrified of death.Severe Stomach cramping 24-7.it's pure hell.

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm in the same boat, it's horrendous. Every day I have some level of anxiety, it's worse in the mornings on weekdays because I know I have to go out alone to get to work. I am better if my partner is with me. I've just woken up here and I'm panicking for no reason, even though it's a weekend. I constantly think something bad is going to happen, or something's wrong with me and I can't bring myself to take medication because of the side effects just as you've said so I'm stuck. Deep breathing and mindfulness does help a little bit, for instance whenever I'm on the bus and can feel myself starting to panic ill put on my app on my phone and it'll usually calm me down enough until I get to work. I do feel like I've hit a brick wall though, i feel like there's no end in sight. I'm trying to push myself and retrain my way of thinking but it's a long process. I really hope you get the help you need and can overcome this horrible disorder.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi reelon, I'm so sorry to hear you have these. symptoms anxiety can take over your entire world. it's important to remember there are lots of people going through same thing you are not alone although it may feel like it. I think we are alike in the sense we cannot be reassured despite the help of professionals. Sometimes reading the stories on here can help highlight that this is normal to experience this with anxiety.

It seems to me from reading your post that you have or are reaching a crisis point and should seek further help.

Medication can be useful and some don't have as many side effects it's maybe worth a try If nothing else has worked. But again it sounds like you are trying to be proactive about your anxiety and just haven't found what helps you best yet. There is no cure for anxiety but it can be managed don't give up keep trying new things and I really hope you find something that works there is nothing worse than when its out of control 😩 hang in there plenty of support here if you need to talk xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Do you ever get like IBS cramps that just linger in your stomach and a numbness sensation that runs through your body. I do not have ibs i have been tested for it already. It just comes on whenever i eat or over worry.I am at crisis point i am seing my doctor on October 4th and i am waiting to see a group called 6 degreee's to have 1 on 1 chat to work out if allot of my symptoms i believe i have? are either Psychological damage or Pysyical. I live alone i spend most of my time indoors my appartment on my own with my cat. I do not have many friends due to going out is extremely hard for me to do. Not that im scared of people sometimes i am but it's mostly about a Fear i am not sure why. Would i be described as being a bad person if i said i hate seing others happiness. I sound a right awful person but i am not. I am not sure why i have a resentment to others happiness. I  know loosing someone very important does not help all the symptoms a person has.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

All of the symptoms can be triggered by anxiety ? it doesn't sound like there is much advice I can give you. You are in a really bad situation and I'm sorry about your mum I can't imagine what you are going through and to be plauged by anxiety as well 😖 I would explain again to your doc how bad it is and tell them it's at crisis point and hopefully they have other methods to help you. Xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

What is extremely hard is to Hide it all from my family. As they have been supportive. Affraid to let them all down and bother them with my crap. Affraid to tell them the truth that i can't let go of my Grief i feel all time. Past 5 days i have had strange psychotic dreams,daydreams and they have disturbed me from sleeping. so only getting sleep around 5-8am and sleeping thru the day on sofa and not in my bed. Eating very little at times and feeling very sad n teary. Today has brought it all back the day i desperatly want to forget. its like re-living a nightmare that haunts me and all i can feel is the guilt anger n regret, I am! scared to share all this with a doctor incase they think i am better off hospitalised. In them places its like taking a step backwards.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I know where your coming from! I suffer from this disorder too! Afraid of everything, especially health issues. Didn't want to take meds cause of the fear of what it could do to me. But 20 years ago I went through a horrible spell of anxiety that threw me into a deep depression. Couldn't get out of bed cried all the time couldn't go out. A friend of mine who was a nun stopped by to see me. She shared her story with me about her anxiety & depression. She was put on meds & it helped her tremendously. Eventually they weaned her off & shes fine. So I went to the dr & he put me on meds & it was the best thing for me. I never gave it a thought about the side effects then. Since then I have weaned off my meds several times . This last bout while I was weaning myself off & trying supplements a close friend died & several other events happened I was in a panic mode & it was the worse one ever. Tried going back on my meds a month went by & nothing was changing! Made an appt with phycologist & therapist . They have changed my meds & thank God I'm feeling like myself again after 4 months! I was fearful too since I read up on the side effects but I'm trusting God to help me with that! There are many ppl who suffer different illness who take meds with horrific side effects but wouldn't be able to live their life without it! My husband has Rhumetoid arthritis & takes embrel injections but without it he wouldn't be able to function. Try therapy they will give you tools to learn how to deal with it. If you should decide to go with the meds the dr can wean you off when he thinks it's time. God blessing on your decision.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have tried various therapys and all have failed to help me. I guess I just have to much damage in me that help can have as ny affect on me. It does not help that I hold deep within me incredible anger, guilt, remorse, sadness, at loss of one person who meant more to me than life itself and was stolen from me in 2013. My mum passed away. She was my shield and only person who new how sort me out mentally get me the right help. Now i have been stripped of that and I find I'm completely alone. And every day now I'm getting worse and feel like I'm wasting away to nothing. I wish I was not alone every day and night so I could possibly find some strength from them to help push me to be brave and take medicine to help relieve this all I can describe as a living hell I am going through.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi reeleon,

I suffer so bad from health anxiety, I have had so many tests a&e visits. They just take no notice of me anymore and just refer it to me having health anxiety. I have had fears that I had HIV all four negative. I have had various blood tests. Last blood test one my white Lymph were borderline low this freaked me out so I went to haemotolgist who reassured after 4 HIV tests it's not related and also That I don't have signs of lymphoma. Every time they take history the anxiety and depression is flagged up and I feel they turn the whole check up about my anxiety. I wish I could out of this viscous cycle of health anxiety it's effecting everything in my life. I have tried CBT not really sure if it's working as a lot of the time it's makes you do a lot of the work. I'm really struggling with the Health anxiety. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also I get severe cramps to.

Thanks

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up