GAD

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 40 year old male who has been suffering from GAD for most of my adult life. I have been able to keep it under control with out medication until about 6 months ago when I was having stomach issues I decided to google my symptoms. Big mistake becuase ofcourse the "C" word came up all over my searches. Now I keep obsessing and worrying over every little symtpom. I'm to the point where I am going to start taking Paxil ... man does this suck!

2 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul

i am sorry your going through GAD, I am 54 and have been going through GAD and Depression most of my life too. I hope you can find some peace. It does help to find others who are going through the same thing for me, I have been really concerned about my memory and driving myself crazy looking up symptoms on the Internet. I know anxiety can affect your memory but.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Tim, Thanks for your reply it does help reaching out to people who are going through the same things as I am. I'm sorry you have had to deal with this your whole life. My mother has gone through similar things as you her whole life and I have seen first hand what it can do to a person.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Same thing here, I have had it for a while until 3 months ago lost my appetite and got scared googled and found the C also and now I am paranoid of it I even have night sweats thinking they are misdiagnosing me and feel I am going crazy. You are not alone I also just started paxil , but I think I need ativan which is the only thing that will help me eat...
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Micaela thank you for your post, I hope Ativan will help you ease your anxiety. I know as of late I have been excersizing more which has helped with the anxeity. I'm determined to get healthy andl losing some weight and being active seems to help with some of the anxiety. As far as the C word goes I have been trying to be as realistic as I can be. Odds are qwe don't have it and if I keep playing that in my head hopefully it helps.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm exactly like this. Googling is my nemesis. Man can it mess you up. Gym does really help. I'm going through this right now as well. Diff symptoms but "C" googling can really get you. I try being positive like " I'm at the gym. Pushing weight! Being healthy" hopefully you can push through. We all are trying!!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up