GAD and defensive behaviour any advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had Anxiety since I was about 15 years old and as long as I have had it I can remember hearing things out of context and becoming anxious thinking they are talking about me. As a result I convice myself even the closest people to me talk badly about me. I end up being overrun with the thoughts and then if the person apporaches me i get agressive toward them. I've been doing this to my boyfriend most recently he knows i have anxiety he makes the best effort to understand but it's not fair to him. I would like to be able to not react the way I do so I can cope with it. I'm not paranoid I have explained this to a psychologist in the past and they said it's not. It's affect my relationship really badly with out going into to any more detail. Any advice would really help thank you smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had simular problems to you through out my life .I went through CBT talking therapy with a psychologist also anger management also with a psychologist both of which have helped me better understand and manage my racing thoughts and anger issues I also take medication for my anxiety when it is out of control hope that helps all the best russell.
    • Posted

I've gone through CBT myself though I've had counselling I've never seen a psychologist. So I'll look into that maybe trying that will help thank you Russell smile
  • Posted

I understand what you are going through i have anxieties really bad myself i don't like it when people talk about me either. That has always been my whole life my mom talking bad about me and teachers 

My anxieties come from childhood and the way i was brought up and watching my mom drink and get mad drunk and put me down she did some to my sister and brothers too but mostly it was me she put down badly 

• Posted

Thank you elizabeth its helpful to know others understand where i'm coming from and that i'm not on my own with this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.