GAD and Mirtazipine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone

I am a newbie to this. I am 35 and happily married. I work in a high-stress job. In the middle of last year out of nowhere I was hit by sudden onset of anxiety. I felt I was going mad. My mind was racing and I started to suffer from insomnia. The less sleep I had the worse I felt. Eventually I went to the GP who gave me mirtazipine. This cured the insomnia and things improved slightly. However after a few months I started to get strange mood changes with mirtazipine which again eventualy settled down. Now I can just about cope with my work but my anxiety is always there in the background and flares up ocassionally. Does anyone identify with this story and could anyone give me advice

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I suffer from exactly the same as you. When I get stressed I get my symptoms, the symptoms are constant ringing in ears and dizziness. I got diagnosed with anxiety disorder back in August. I'm currently on citaprolam..I thought everything had cleared up but I think it is slowly coming on again. I have had cbt but it doesn't help with stress at work...
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have tried CBT - I think it helped to a point. It at least identified the triggers that tend to cause my anxiety to flare up. Unfortunately one of those is my job. I get IBS and muscle and back pain. Alcohol tends to ramp up my anxiety.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have the same I have had ibs for years and had to go for x rays as I had sharps pains on the left side of my stomach. It's all down to anxiety and stress.. Do you get ringing in your ears....

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have had to stop drinking due to meds..
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I dont get ringing ears but lots of other pyhsical symptoms. I know it can manifest itself in a whole load of different ways. Have you tried meditation - this helps me to relax
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up