GAD I'm going to win

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello well I have been on a bumpy ride with my anxiety my stress levels have been high my depression has been high since Xmas I was ill Xmas day what made me even more depressed I have been put on some medication for GAD and low mood I got told to take them day after I got them no thank you I signed up to a gym today went for the first time in 4 years well I haven't trained in 4 years that's when I left army and all this happend but I feel grate after what I have done today I pushed my self harder then I have ever before I sh*# my self coz my Hart was beating fast blood was pumping but if I was going to have a heart attack or a stroke it would of happend then it's all in my head I am proud of my self today I am going to win with out medication I am going to kick anxiety and depression the gym is my new home

4 likes, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done you should be very proud of yourself ive been on meds for 23 years but now fed up with trying different ones for my GAD none seem to be working so going to try the natural approach of 5htp Rhodiola Rosea and St johns wort have you ever tried anything like this if so does it work thanks
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello thank you I am very proud of my self.... first off I had to wait a while but that helped me the most was therapy not only teaches u about anxiety why it happens and also how to cope then what helped me kick panic attacks was hypnosis that is on YouTube that helped me loads... I have been wanting to join the gym for a long time but the symptoms have been bad so I couldn't when your stress and anxious down or angry makes everything worse then the symptoms kick off for days on end well that is how it works with me I use to have symptoms every day we'll I still do but not as bad I can cope twitch of chest pain or head zap It comes goes I can carry on just remember it's all in the head and it carnt harm u soldier on if u need anything pm me will try my hardest to help you
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have but the problem is still there but I know what is causing it my 18 year old autistic son who had ran of with a 43 year old psychopath and this problem isn't going away she hassles me everyday swearing and threatening me its horrible
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes they are verbal but I'm not afraid for my safety im scared what she will do to my vulnerable 18 year old she fled from London after she glassed someone she is a piece of work
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Am sorry about that karma is a bi*# and it will bite her right in her ar*# u will have you boy back and she will be going down just have to ride it put hopefully it will be soon
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Love your post.  I keep setting myself some daily small goals - like  a walk or hoovering, cleaning etc and trying to find a bit of relief from natura supplements.  I'm not a gym person but I think excercise definately helps.  Going to docs tonight for aother sick note for GAD but  i know she'll tell me off for not taking the meds!!  I want to work through this myself and maybe benefit from CBT. XX
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you... yes CBT helped me a lot I mean loads it made me understand anxiety and why I'm like this...you should be proud of your self say well done get that determined feeling to do somthing again don't pull your self down build your self back up if you like somthing do that again and again then make it more of a challenge, challenge your brain because that's what it is the brain is making us feel the way we are stress ain't going to help it will make it worse believe in your self say every day I'm going to kick anxiety and you will it will go as fast as it came do things u like challenge them negative thoughts with positive thinking it will go 1 day if you need anything I will be her ill help you challenge them thoughts
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up