Gaining weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi!  I've been on 75 mg for a few months now.   Unfortunately I've gained 10 pounds!!  Seems like it is all around my middle (I used to be able to see some muscle tone now I don't).  My eating hasn't been the greatest as I've been craving carbs but even when I try to watch what I eat, I either keep going up or can't lose what I have.  Anyone else dealing with this?  Anyone successful in losing the weight without stopping the sertraline?  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

im just the same. Apparently it's one of the side effect.

why carnt the produce a medication that don't cause side effects.

once we stop taking them the weight will come off. 

I don't like carrying the extra but I don't like feeling anxious and down either. 

Iv was on a A/D s years ago and I didn't put on weight then, maybe it's just some that do. Will ask my gp when I go on the 21st 

good luck

• Posted

Be happy with 10 pounds I have unfortunately put on around 2.5 stone since taking it around 6-7 months ago (50-100mg) it definitely sucks but hey life goes on I just hope it dissapears as quickly when I come off it as it came on when I began the tablets lol 

Cheers 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.