gall bladder area pain one year after removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I just had to add my 2 cents worth here. I read on this site so many people are experiencing the same pain long after gall bladder removal. Many tests are done with no answers or relief from this pain. I cant believe so many people are suffering from the same symptoms and docs dont have the answers. The same thing is done over and over to so many people, that continue to suffer, you would think the medical field would do some homework on this and get it right. Im still having this phantom pain one year after gall bladder surgery. Ive had an ultrasound done, nothing found other than mild kidney cortex thinning. Ive been on pantoprazole and othe meds but stopped as I was having other side effects (major hair loss and urinary urgency). Plus no real relief from the pain. It scares me that some people report they still suffer after 5 to 6 years after surgery. I would like to hear at least one success story but people that have no pain are not likely to search and find this site. Anyone that finds the answer to freedom from pain after gallbladder surgery please let us know how you accomplished that without relying on pain killers. Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Had gb surgery in 2004. My pain did not start until 10 years later. So, guess I have no answers either...
  • Posted

I actually feel great 1 year since surgery. But I can't eat nuts! And occasionally caffeine or milk products flare it up but they say I have IBS, I'm beginning to think my IBS was the gallbladder. Compared to how I felt prior to surgery I'm great now.
  • Posted

Had my gallbladder out at the beginning of February. A little uncomfortable for the first night but have been completely pain free since then. I'm eating whatever I want and loving it. I've read lots on here of people suffering post surgery pains and feel really lucky not to have them. I hope the doctors find something that will help you soon.

• Posted

Thank you for responding. You are one of the lucky and rare few! Im happy to hear your comment. I hope you continue to be pain free.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up