Gall bladder or pancreas? Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I’m 30 years old I used to drink most days after work for about 10 years not any more than any of my mates did. I’ve cut way back now.

I’ve been having pains in my right side center and left side but the pains  more to the center of my chest not abdomen. But lately the pain has always been center left of my chest This has gone on now for about 2 years on and off. some times the pain last s 2-4 days other times just a few hours. It’s never more than a 5 out of 10 just a dull ache.  I know this might sound odd but sometimes it feels  like nerves or excitement with a little pain other times a bit harsher. Just before Christmas i had a really spicy curry and lots of alcohol and it was quite bad for 2 days. I can definitely feel it after eating but sometimes not that bad. 

I’ve had yellow stools I can’t remember the last brown one.. all year loose and some/most days I can go like 6 times....sorry about that 

I’ve had a ultrasound scan and was told I had a polyp on my gallbladder. But at the time-of the scan I was 100% pain free so if it was stones they wouldn’t show right? 

I was sure it was liver problems so I paid for a private fibro scan I got a score of 6 so I can rule liver out as that’s a good result. 

How dose pancreatic begin ? 

Sorry i hope this makes sense thanks for reading 👍

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have the doctor order you a 2 hour scan to see if your gallbladder is working properly. It's the only way to tell for sure

• Posted

Thanks for the replie.... I often get left sided chest pain that goes to the back is that normal for gallbladder problems? 

I will ask the doctor he always says my bloods are fine and give me omeprezol(not sure on the spelling) and says it’s reflux. I know it’s not gas or heartbearn . But I will try push for another scan 

• Posted

Sounds like gallbladder to me. I am still in recovery 10 weeks. It's a process. Definitely get the other test to be sure!! Insist on it!

• Posted

Stop from eating the foods you suspect causing pain and eliminate toxic alcohol . Just begin slowly whittle down a few ounces a day . Once eliminated this could be a tool to help diagnose . 

Pancreatitis or liver issues can show up in blood tests. Hopefully it's only spicy foods or alcohol or both. 

Healing blessings sent ur way.

• Posted

Hi. I'm 4 weeks post op,I had eleven stones but had chest pain,yellow pooh and having to go about 10/12 times a day to toilet. Although my pain was always on the right side keep pushing the docs,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.