Gall Bladder Out 22 months ago and feel sick most if the time

Posted , 6 users are following.

Gallbladder came out in May of 2015 and felt good for two months, but have been sick ever since. I have been to 4 major hospitals and had countless gastric, harmonal and glandular tests. Diagnosis is atypical reflux and gastritis. PPIs do not work. I do take Welchol and Carafate suspension.

My life has competely changed; I seldom am able to leave the house, and wonder if it will ever end. Has anyone had a similiar experience?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have you tried taking ox bile with your meals? It is highly recommended after gb surgery since you need the extra bile to digest fats. It really helps with nausea and digestion.
    • Posted

No I haven't. I was under the impression that I had too much bile which is why I am taking Welchol which binds the bile and passes it out in the stool. Is this something you take even if you have too much bile?

Rachael, how long have you had this? This is going on 22 months for me at least that's when the GB came out; then 2 good months and then it set in. I got down to 113 lbs from 138. In retrospect, I have to say that I am better, but I sure would like to be able to live a normal life again. I understand that many of us do, but some don't. 

I do so appreciate this forum. It's therapeutic for me.

Thank you for your reponse and suggestion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.