Gall bladder pain post-op

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had gall bladder removal surgery 8 days ago and pain under rib cage on right side is excruciating!!! I can't take a deep breath, cough, yawn, etc. Doc says this is normal. Hurts to eat. Hurts to walk. Is this normal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Misti, I'm really sorry you're feeling like this. You might have some of the trapped gas still in your body causing this but I would go back to your hospital and get it checked out if your really bad. Did they give you any numbers when you left the hospital to ring?

Let me know how you get on. x

• Posted

Sorry to learn you're struggling like this.  If you're in excruciating pain, I think it might be best to go to A&E and find out what's happening, especially if you've only talked to your doctor on the telephone.  Things should be gradually winding down for you right now and you should be showing some improvement.

Best of luck, and please let us know how you get on!

• Posted

8 days seems like a long time for the pain to be excruciating.

i think I'd be tempted to go and see someone.

what are you taking for pain relief?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.