Gall bladder removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi,

i hav had my gall bladder removed 5 days ago - does anyone else feel they are feeling worse after day 3? Tingling heavy hands and legs and feeling exhausted and flaky? Eating is OK and sleeping though.

best wishes

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi @nat86421.

I had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago. I felt really tired for the first 7-10 days, I have tingling abdomen(sensitive when clothes touch it!).  Have checked with hospital and all is apparently normal.  We have had major surgery,  so just have to give our bodies time to recover.  My abdomen is still slightly bloated (again apparently normal).  Rest when you need to and don’t put to much expectation on yourself 🤪

• Posted

Thanks for your reply- that's reassuring to know. I had one large 5cm stone and actually think they removed the bladder and stone through the belly button incision as the other three incisions higher up are only 1 cm- is that how your op went?

but thankfully my eating is good and sleeping also - how did you find these?

mamy thanks

nat

• Posted

Yes I think mine was the same.  Eating is fine, albeit initially I did suffer with stomach upset.  My abdomen around belly button is still swollen. All incisions are healed now

👍

• Posted

My surgeon has advised that my gallbladder was chronically inflamed. Although they don’t normally see you in aftercare clinic for day patients, I have been informed he does want to see me again. I’m interested to hear what else he has to say...,
    • Posted

Hopefully in the long term it will be worth it- I don't Know about you but I was struggling the last year to keep going and function day to day so certainly couldn’t carry on as I was. I didn’t see any consultant or surgeon before I was discharged- just nurse taking BP and finger pulse.my follow up appt in 3 and a half weeks. Thanks for your two recent replies! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.