Gall Bladder Removal/Unable to eat

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gall bladder removed 6 days ago.  I was in surgery for 3 hours as my gall bladder was stuck to surrounding organs.  Since surgery I have been passing yellow fluid from my bowel every time I drink.  Have been unable to eat anything, until this morning.  Tried one rice cake but had to  rush for the toilet.  Is this normal? Have read some of the other posts and am quite surprised at how much people suffer after this procedure.  Any suggestions welcome.   

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Peapants,

first of all , love your name.  I'm on a waiting listing to move up my surgery date, July 22nd, but still haven't been lucky enough to move up. Any ideas how to do that. Also, what state  are you in and any who else who reads this? I and is your insurance PPO or a HMO, I think that depends too.

Gail

• Posted

I think you might have to just keep visiting A&E to get it moved.  Everything depends on how many boxes you tick at the time.  Am feeling weak  but luckily I have plenty of fat on my body to keep me going. I was on NHS.  Hope you get it done soon Gail. 
  • Posted

I had my gallbladder out as a emergency just under 4weeks ago. I was in surgery quite awhile as well as it was really inflamed and surrounding fibrosis. Up to about 3week after op anything I ate I was on toilet straight away after. And also nausea. But now 4weeks on I'm fine. I guess it's your body getting used to having no gallbladder. I after op was regretting getting it done. But you just have to give it time to settle down. Hope you feel better soon smile 
    • Posted

You have cheered me up 12sandy12. I won't be having a Vindaloo any time soon. So pleased to hear that you are well now.
  • Posted

Hello peasants(makes me smile) I had my gallbladder out 2 yrs ago,and like you was running to the toilet straight after eating or drinking anything went to docs who said it takes time,soon gave it time nothing changed so was put on lopirimide ( can't spell)  didn't work was sent back to hospital for checks everything was fine and healed,I was then put on codeine phosphate which is actually a pain killer,worked instantly..I take them 3 times a day an hour before food,..I do know if I eat without taking I'm back on the toilet,not everyone needs these but these work for me..

Good luck in getting things sorted I can really understand how you feel.

• Posted

Thanks for  that lozza60.   If everything is normal it seems strange that you have to keep taking pills though.   Glad to hear you're feeling better.
  • Posted

Sorry I ment everything is normal in that everything is healed,the reason for that tablets is because the gallbladder holds the bile that breaks down the food,but as there is no bile to break it down the food just comes straight out,the tablets bulk the food up,that's the best way I can explain it,I know I've never around the house lol smile 

• Posted

That makes sense. Thanks for the reply, and I hope you continue to live a healthy life lozza60.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.