Gall bladder removed and mega bloating - when does bloating go ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gall bladder removed 2 weeks ago.  Still have mega bloating.  Have history of "bloating" as unfortunately also have ulcerative colitis/diviticulitis and multiple sclerosis (not sure if this is relevant or not).

This bloating is so different as usually when I have problems with UC or diviticulitis my tummy goes down after sleeping.  I am a worrier (big time) has anyone else suffered with mega bloating - need my mind put at rest.

Thankyou. 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have not had a lot of bloating. I had my gallbladder removed in April last year.

I also have diverticulitis but like you not sure if it is relevant.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Thank you for replying Sarah. Feel a bit more positive by your reply that after a while the bloating seems to go down.  I think it is just a case of being patient.

Best wishes

Viv 

• Posted

I am 3 weeks post gallbladder suergery removal. I experienced bloating first week after.  And some 2nd week.  But alot less..  Third week, symptoms and healing are getting better. Good luck to you.  All of us heal differently.. I still have some pains in back and liver area.  I am just trying to be patient... As we know, its hard..
    • Posted

Thank you so much Elizabeth for your reply.  Yes you are right everyone does heal differently and I am perhaps being far too impatient.  Cannot get my trousers done up and look as if I have swallowed a rugby ball.

Best wishes to you too for a speedy recovery.

Viv.

• Posted

I just was able to zip a higher waisted pair of pants this week, and not have my belly button incision be sore...  LOL  Can you imagine how long it took to heal years ago when all they did was the big slice in the belly??.  And still do sometimes in emergency surgerys, Ouch!
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth - Yes you are absolutely right re procedure years ago .Got pretty down last night about the uncomfortableness about my stomach blown up and belly button incision soreness - but reading your comment and thinking yes you just may be able to get into those lovely Christmas present clothes perhaps February ? - so thank you for your comment.

Viv.    

• Posted

I've read your post and the follow on messages etc.  I concur that 2 weeks is still very early days. Everyone is different.  And patience as they say is a virtue!  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.