gall bladder removed sept 2016 still getting a bit of discomfort?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey all

Hope us are all doing well or the best you can be.

I had my gall bladder removed in Sept, had the horrid dodgy belly for a few months after it but then docs gave me some food suppliment sachets to help and only took them for a few week and now seem to b more back to normal

However, I keep getting from time to time dull pain again where the gallbladder used to be? Does anyone else get this? I don't know Wether it is just a phantom pain or not but it has only just recently started within the last week and a half, I know there was no other trapped stones as I had to get another ultrasound down a few days after my op as I had a few complications..

But getting frustrated that the dull pain has started coming and going again and just want to know if anyone else is the same or any experience of it?

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had my GB out October of 2016 and I'm starting to get the same. I've noticed it seems more muscular as if I stretch or walk around a bit it seems to go away. It could be scar tissue from the surgery. Mine isn't all that bad compared to what it was, so for now I'm just dealing with it.

• Posted

I had this. Eventually went for another test and they said I had a hiatus hernia.

Hope this is not the case with you.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hi - I am 8 weeks post surgery and get pain in the same right upper quadrant.  More than I had prior to surgery.  It comes and goes, but I feel like I walk around half the day with my hand over my liver looking like Napoleon.  I also had an ultrasound after surgery which didn't show any stones in bile duct, though I was told that it's not necessarily conclusive.  Would love to know if this is common and pain will go away over time or more testing should be done?

• Posted

I'm 5 weeks post surgery and am suffering from the same weird pain.  I felt like I was getting better each day and yesterday and today I've felt awful again.  I've had no complications just more tired than usual.  I just want to go back to the gym and start living life again with no pain over insicions and where gallbladder used to be.  I guess we are not alone in this.

• Posted

I had mine out in december 16, and i have same nagging pain where my gall bladder used to be, and some in my shoulder blade just like when my gall bladder was there. because its only about 7 weeks i am assuming its just phantom pains. 

• Posted

Hey

just an update, I decided to brave it and go back to the doctors as sometimes the pain was intense but only for around 10 mins or so and then was being left with a dull pain, he had a feel about and said it's tender around the area of where the gallbladder used to be, he thinks that they left the bile duct tubes in when they done the gall bladder removal, the doc now suspects I have started forming another stone in the bile duct and now awaiting to go for another ultrasound to see if that is the case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.