Gall Bladder surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had gall bladder removal about a week ago.  I am surprised how sore I am and the fact that I still have a dull ache in my stomach.  After reading through many posts I guess it will take awhile longer until I begin feeling better.  Any comments?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It took a while to get back to "normal". I still get pain in my side like I ised to have when the GB acted up, but it's few and far between. The main witness I had was from the gas they used to inflate me.

• Posted

Low fat diet, be careful with what you eat. The pain will eventually go away.
  • Posted

Hi Sheri I had mine 2 weeks ago and I feel so. Located! Trying to be careful with what I eat.

My tummy is still tender and light soreness but I heard that walking helps the system to move the gas out and help the tummy go down slowly.

I was told to just be careful moving around, not to carry anything heavy and no bending!

I hope you feel better soon. I'm slowly but surely on the mend - still early days for me as it's been 2 weeks.

Take care

• Posted

Hi Sheri79177,

I just had my galbladder removed this month and I have bad pain where the incision is. How long did you have to stay out from work. Its been 2 weeks since I had the surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.