Gall bladder, ucler or other issue

Posted , 4 users are following.

hI everyone.

I posted a while back about right sided chest pain.

Here are my symptoms

Fells like pressure under my right chest, if you were a woman where your bra would sit

more like a constant ache or pressure

No Nasusea

Been like that on and off for 10 years but cleared up for a long time

then just came back this year its not pain, but if i take codine it seems to ease and when i eat it seems to subside but can hurt a bit after food

i have lost 18 kg in the last 6 months and cut my drinking down to once a week and have been following alow fat diet where possible

I can eat fries or anything without any pain or issues it just dont seem to be related to food.

i had blood tests in feb

total biliburin 11

alk phosphatase 83

GGT 46

ALT 50 (5 POINTS TOO HIGH)

total protien 73

albumin 37

globuin 36

Latest tests

Total bilriuin 10

Alk Phosphatase 80

GGT 63 (HIGH)

ALT 36

total protein 70

Albumin 35

Globium35

Was just wondering if these show any inclines towards gall bladder issues

were your bloods high when you had gall stones or an attack

and. why has my  GGT rised i did have a few parties in the last 2 weeks.

any ideas i am grateful for thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

GGT shows alcohol use so that could be due to enjoying yourself. These are not too bad. Mine are in 300's and have been for months but go higher when pain hits that bad I am admitted into hospital. I had gallbladder removed in January 2014 but had pain since 2012 which have been wrongly diagnosed as gastritis, espphageal spasms and hiatus hernia pain. I'm now awaiting an Ercp with manometry and possible surgery for sphincter of oddi. I'm hoping GI is right this time as otherwise this is liver damage

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi thanks the nurse has told me not to worry unless i am in extreme pain, but I am very pleased that things are getting better and will cut down what i drink which is prob 2 bottles of wine a week now
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi

I would definitely be careful with alcohol as it can cause liver issues and really not worth it. I use gaviscon instant liquid which helps nip pain in the bud. Take care and hope you get relief soon, it's a horrible pain

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks. The dr is aware of what i drink, also medication is just as bad for your liver..but the wine i can take or leave it now. funny thing is when I do have a few drinks it goes away werid if you ask me
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am in the U.S. so I don't really understand your lab results.  If you had a bilirubin of 11 here, that would be WAY too high! (Normal is .0-1.0 mg/dl)  My alkaline phosphatase was 110 mg/dl, (Normal is 70-99 mg/dl) and my alanine aminotransferase was 95 U/L (Normal is 0-31) and my aspartate aminotransferase 49 U/L. (Normal 0-32 U/L)  A year ago all those tests were nornal.   I had both a CT scan and and ultrasound, and the gallbladder had to come out now- so I had surgery 3 days ago.  I never had an actuall "attacks"- I had pain and nausea in my mid-abdominal region for 2 months and it wouldn't go away.  Aslo malaise and just feeling bad. Didn't actually seem to be made better or worse by any specific foods... (?) The CT and Ultrasound both will show your gallbladder, if you haven't had those done, I would do so as soon as possible.  I had TONS of gallstones, one about 2cm in diameter- and no real symptoms other than those noted above.  After removing it, the doctor said it likely has been inflamed for over a year and I just didn't realize that was the source.  I sure hope so as I am eating jello, liquid and soup and miss my food!   Good Luck!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Right sided pain is a symptom of gallbladder issues and although I had numerous blood tests done I have no idea what my levels were. Have you had an ultrasound? This would show stones if they're there. I'd imagine that whilst you've luckily not had the intense pain it may well be around the corner. Recent weight loss can increase the likelihood of fall stones. I'd see a dr and maybe get a referral for an ultrasound

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up