gall stones?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm an 18 year old female who has been suffering with severe abdominal pains for about a week and a half. Last Tuesday (10th) I was in so much pain I couldn't even move, it lasted around 6 hours and ended up with me in A&e before it eased off slightly. I keep being sent back and forth from the hospital with no answers. They suspect it is gall stones as I have a pain constantly in my upper stomach, sometimes my right side and my back the pain eases off for a while then comes back so painful. I have a scan in a couple of days to see if it is and I have been told I will have to have my gall bladder removed if it is. Anyone who has experienced gall stones does this sound anything like it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds a lot like my gallstones. I've had mine since April 2014, it started off with severe upper stomach pain right under my breasts, and would only come on when I ate something. As of now it can come or go with or without highly fatty foods. A few months back, I was actually waking up with stomach pain and having cold sweats. I've started taking apple cider vinegar and cut back on the high fatty foods I eat, and luckily I haven't had one of those bad attacks in a few months. 

Doctors, of course, wanted to remove my gallbladder, but all I see is horror stories about the surgery, so I'm not up for that idea yet. I seem to have chronic nausea from my gallstones, however. Not sure if many other people experience that symptom, but I think you definitely have gallstones! Good luck to you, and I hope you feel better! Gallstones are NO fun. 

• Posted

Sounds like gall stones BUT please do not be persuaded to have your gallbaldder removed until you have a second opinion & secondly confirmation that it cannot be treated chemically.

From experience, please ask for confirmation that it is not SOD, whilst rare, removing the gallbaldder will make it worse.

That said, hundreds of thousands live without a gallbalder but for many there are lifestyles challenges after its removal most notably, restrictions on what you can eat and drink.

This site is testimony to those challenges.

Best of luck and please share your experience into the future.

• Posted

Certainly sounds like gallstones, unfortunately it will reoccur I've recently had my gallbladder removed still nit feeling quite myself yet but I'm sure this will pass, your scan should confirm it for you
  • Posted

Hi sounds like gallstones, i did have stones stuck in bile tube, so was in agony when I was taken to A&E, after scans and cameras I was told I had gallstones and needed my gallbladder removing. I had my gallbladder out in Jan 16 by keyhole, no problems with post op, and feel great now. My feeling is that, yes there are some horror stories which I have read on here, but everyone's body is different and reacts in different ways. I had none of the post op symptoms, and was back to work 2 weeks after keyhole, I couldn't carry on being in pain this is why I had surgery. Do what you think is best, once my surgery was confirmed I tried not to read about people's post op stories, and just listened to my surgeon and body. Hope this helps. I do know some people have terrible post op symptoms but feel I'm lucky having not had any!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.