Gallbladder??

Posted , 6 users are following.

My dr says i have acid/gerd but i have a constant upper right side back ache that never goes away. I know i have a gallstone which i have known about for 12 yrs but dr says i am fine because he pressed in my gallbladder area and i wasn't in pain. Can you have right side back/shoulder ache but no actual pain in the front where your gallbladder is but still have gallbladder problems

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I have had a similar experience with gerd and the back pain. The first endoscopy I had the doctor told me I do have some gallstones but they are not the problem, but he didn't offer any other possibilities (private doctor).  I have had a few other endoscopys over the years from other doctors (public doctors) and the response is always a casual "we will just take your gallbladder out" with no discussion and a flat out refusal to discuss other causes for my problems. I have a sister who had her gallbladder removed and she has regretted it as it did not solve her problems and has possibly caused more.

I think that many doctors are not picking up on the symptom of back pain. I was checking out the ingredients of a digestive supplement a natropath gave me and it is to support the pancreas. I looked at the symptoms for pancreatitis and found the symptoms are similar to gerd but include the specific type of back pain I (and possibly you) experience. Check it out before you do anything.

So far I have been controlling my symptoms with diet (low fat, no sugar, vegetarian) and occasionally over the counter medications ( the presciption ones didnt work very well ). Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.