Gallbladder?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Diagnosed about 10 years ago with mild gastritis and small hiatal hernia. low-level pain is fairly constant - I'm used to it.

Fast forward to about 2 months ago. Pain has moved to mid upper quadrant and sometimes to RUQ. Have had several "attacks" after eating which were very intense. About a week ago the pain has been constant and severe at times whether I have eaten or not. HIDA scan - gallbladder was visualized after 90 minutes, EF = 79%, delayed filling.

CT scan was 2 days ago and I have only received preliminary results from surgeon's nurse. Apparently the lymph nodes in my abdomen are enlarged but blood work is normal.

I will hear more from surgeon on Monday morning.

Current symptoms are belching, pain in abdomen and sometimes back, occasional pain in sternum, and gas pressure and pain. The abdominal pain is now on right and left side.

I would love to hear from anyone else who had normal scans.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had my gallbladder out almost 2 weeks ago after normal ultrasound and a 89 EF.  The pathology report came back and said my gallbladder was scarred and calcified due to chronic infection.  Mine has been going on for years as well.  I feel like a new person since my surgery.  I wish I would have had it removed a long time ago.  It seems like if they don’t see stones in the ultrasound they think everything is “normal”. 
  • Posted

I have all your symptoms, I’m just waiting to see a gastroenterologist. 🤔

• Posted

Galls tones can be seen on a scan but ultra sound which is basic can detect them. Cholesterol stones can be seen on an ultrasound.  But have you got gall stones ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.