Gallbladder

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is it normal to have a attack almost a year after having gallbladder removed? Started on Friday morning with pain and continued until I threw up then it subsided. It was definately the same pain, it's not something you forget in a hurry lol. Should I see a doctor, Does this mean I have to watch what I eat? Had a similar attack about 2 wk after op but nothing since. Any advice gratefully received. many thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear this is happening,  change your diet... and cut out all the gluten and hidden gluten, it is poision to our body... and gives us all kinds of diseases...do some research...
  • Posted

Having my gallbladder removed tomorrow, told to stay on fodmap diet, which takes all the crap out of what we eat. Hard at first but easily done once you get your head around it. Go see your doctor who hopefully can give you the answers you need. Good luck.
    • Posted

I have never heard of a fodmap diet. Please educate me on this. I am really interested.
    • Posted

If you go on the internet and search it you will see the foods that can make us ill. Just out of hosp. No more pain, backache. One gallbladder gone.Keep to the low fats.

You need to cut out glueton, wheat, dairy, lactose free items. For me it works, let me know what you think.

• Posted

watch what you eat it is important not to eat fatty foods.

richard

• Posted

This is what many of us on here have discussed pain after gallbladder removal. I had mine out in 2004 and started having pain about a year ago. I have talked to my doctor about this and he said it could be adhesions or fat on my liver. it is painful spasms that nearly take me down. Yes, watch what you eat also.Talk to your doctor about this problem. Don't ignore it. Your dr. may need to check your pancreas and liver. I will be going back Oct. 7th and I will be talking again about this with my dr. let me know what your dr. says and I will keep you updated also. Good luck!
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for the advice. Hoping to see docs very soon. Hope you go on okay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.