gallbladder

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

i had my gallbladder out last friday nd tummy is all yellow why is this.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Could t be bruises? I had some bruising - especialy around belly button and one of the upper incisions as well.
  • Posted

Hi it's probably bruising. I had mine done on Thursday and I'm still very tender hope you get well soon x 
  • Posted

I asked my surgeon how he got the gallstones out as I had lots and they were large. His face lit up .. Well he said I put a plastic bag through one of the incisions I remove the gallbladder inside you , place it in the plastic bag inside you, then I get a blender put that inside you, blend the gallbladder all up in the bag and then get a suction device and suck the contents of the bag out.. Amazing all through a small hole. Think on that ... Lots of instruments lots of movement going on in your inflated abdomen. 

Might explain your yellow ness as bruises ... If worried get a nurse to take a look on Monday... As long as your not oozing green gunk .try not to worry .. 

• Posted

Try washing an area to see if the yellow comes off. If it does then you know it's the iodine. I would say it sounds like your bruising from the op. But if worried consult your GP.
  • Posted

Maybe they swabbed you with an iodine based material to lower your chance of post op infection? Does it look like it was wiped on or are you bruising a little?

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up