Gallbladder

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am new member.                          A bit worried trying to avoid  surgery  I had a scan at hospital it came back inflamed.  Dr told me gallbladder not working I decided to get a second ultrasound and was told it was not inflamed just a few small stones I have had no pain for  6 months a bit confused now

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had a different issue. For 20 years my GP back home in British Columbia, Canada, thought it was ulcers I had. Until about three years ago, when my abdomen acted up and was in alot of pain and full of gases, I went to see my GP in Edmonton , here in which I live now and they found gallstones. They put me on some meds to calm it down til I went in for surgery of Feb of this year. You went for one and it said inflamed ? Then second and you have stones. If your gallbladder isn't working, get it taken care of now before it really starts acting up bad and you do end up in really bad pains, or emergency surgery. And the surgery is nothing to be worried about. The larascopic is the best way. Just take my advice, don't wait to long. Good luck and keep in touch. Thank you

• Posted

I have 2vlarge stones and saw a surgeon. He told me not to rush into surgery and said follow a low fat diet. I I do get slight pain if I go off diet. However I am a small person and lost weight on this low fat diet.,I cannot keep losing weight. Surgeon feels last resort is surgery. If you don't have pain, try to follow a good diet and avoid surgery. Good luck

• Posted

Also, small stones have more of a chance to cause pain if they try to get through canal. Mine are too,large to do that. I guess that's one benefit I have. My gallbladder is not inflamed either

• Posted

I had stones for years . If they aren't causing you any problems

it's best to leave them alone . I had surgery recently which has taken away

the burning pain in right side but I still can't eat much .

If you are getting symptoms then it's best to get it removed sooner rather than later.

You don't want the awful flare up' s they can cause !

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

• Posted

if you don't have any other additional symptoms like bloating ,burping and pain. Leave it of, when it shows symptoms better to remove.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.