Gallbladder dysmotility, Surgery declined but feeling worse (

Posted , 3 users are following.

Its been a long road to get here, pain started in Oct 2016, ovarian cyst found and since removed in July 17. During scans a 6mm polyp found but no stones, had the HIDA Scan and the drink made me instantly feel very sick and results showed that my gallbladder wasn't functioning normally and referred to surgeons for consideration of surgery.

I met with the surgeon in Oct 17 and he explained that my gallbladder isn't working properly, not all the time but sometimes it does work, hence why I feel 'off' on occasion. Also he went on to explain about the bile duct having something wrong with it and so in short if I had surgery it 'may not cure me' After having surgery only months before I declined surgery and i've already got a follow up appoint for next Oct.

Since the appoint i've 'tried' to cut out fats and make sensible decisions but in Dec i've had 3 really bad weekends of feeling sick after eating within 15-20 mins after. I get instantly tired and generally feel unwell. Then Christmas came and I took my eye off the ball, eat and drank too much and one day overdid the cheese and full fat sausages. I was violently sick with diarrhoea and it really scared me.

I don't know anything other than in my letter it says I have dysmotility, I don't know the percentage the gallbladder doesn't work or anything. I've been taking apple cider vinegar to try and help the acid feeling and it does help with the sick feeling.

Should I have researched more or asked more questions before declining surgery? Is there anything other surgery I can try? At the moment i've had NO dairy for 3 days since being sick.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So they pretty much told you to deal with it?  Wow.  One would think they would be interested in fixing the bile duct.  They didn't even offer any meds like actigall?  I have a similar problem, gall bladder works....sometimes.  It sucks being nauseated most all of the time.

Good luck

• Posted

Basically yes - Surgery or nothing. 

Onwards and upwards!

• Posted

I'm back and i've been to see my GP. Although she doesn't have any results, only the letter that I had from the hospital, she said i've an 85% chance of feeling better if I have the GB out.

My GP has sent a letter to the dept saying i've changed my mind. I don't know if that means I will go on the list or see the consultant again though.

All I do know is i'm getting a lot of digestional problems and have no idea if it is linked to the GB (

• Posted

This is awful for you. I have a 7mm gallbladder polyp and my consultant had recommended removal of my gallbladder. I suffer terribly with pain in my gallbladder area. My polyp was monitored for 3 years and because it's grown from 5mm to 7mm during that time he said it needs to come out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.