Gallbladder finally removed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, 

I have finally had my gallbladder removed on Monday smile

Anaesthetic makes me pretty sick and was vomiting at 7 pm still that night and maxed out on nausea meds so mostly slept. Said all was straight forward but  it awkward to get gallbladder out as very large stones, expecially one in particular ( so they had grown since scans despite me taking all the herbs and foods to dissolve!)

so was hard to get hold of causing issues grabbing the gallbladder and getting it out, said it was staring at him the whole surgery lol, lots more inside but this was particullary huge, but managed so a little sore there. Still a bit dizzy this morning when I need food and again now as need food. I did start with broth but it made me vomit so hubby made homemade apple sauce and then mixed some in some gelatin and made me jelly, so ate that tuesday. Yesterday I had the jelly again but was feeling very dizzy, so had pumpkin soup and later that evening chicken baked in stock and mashed sweet potato and that made me feel SO MUCH better. I have walked heaps and drank herbal teas including peppermint, moved about lots in bed and the awful gas pains feel so much better today, even lay half on my side last night as I am a side and tummy sleeper smile

I had pumpkin soup for breakfast and making the left over chicken and mash now in stock, planning on a banana and a dab of coconut yogurt later. Its hard being dairy and gluten free smile My body doesnt seem to want liquid style foods either, makes me so dizzy??? it seems to need more fuel, so out went my vegetable soups only for 2 weeks to ease my digestion in, idea LOL

Hope everyone else is doing OK.

Not having much pain at all today, little stooped walking but no issues, havent been to the loo yet but to be expected, so not looking forward to that smile

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't tolerate anesthesia at all either. Took me days to recover just from that along with GB surgery! I'm happy you're doing better 💜

• Posted

Bet you're glad it's out though Star. You may be feeling rough due to anaesthetic and incisions but so much better than being in pain and not knowing exactly what's going on in your insides! From now on in, things can only get better so focus on that.

I was off food for quite a few days following surgery too, so think that's pretty normal. 

• Posted

Hi, Star!

Glad to know you've finally had your surgery and that you're on the mend!  Just take it easy, and follow your body's lead as you're already doing.  

Please continue to let us know how you get on! xx

• Posted

Thank you smile eating more today as I am getting dizzy when I need food! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.