Gallbladder /gallstones

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi I went to the hospital in pain 2 weeks ago I was having loads of blood test done all came back normal they book me for a belly scan show that I had gallstones but sent me home with pain killers I keep feeling sick every day crying in pain keep going all light headed I changed my food and living on water I use to weigh 8 stone 8 but because of this I gone down to 6 stone 5 I keep getting pain in the top of my bank mainly the middle going to my right side I got to go for a mri on Saturday but don’t get they they wanna do that I getting the hump and getting up set because I always I’ll and I want to go pain free and be a good mum and girlfriend 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Maria, I’m exactly the same. I would suggest going to see a different doctor and telling them you KNOW what it is. Tell them and they will do the scan. I had my ultrasound results back today and everything is fine. But disappinted by that as I feel worse than ever today and can’t keep food down. Only water.  Got told yesterday by a psychiatrist that it might be psychosomatic, aka all in my head. I don’t know how to cope with that and have sobbed all day, I even phoned the Samaritans. I don’t know what to do anymore. I can’t carry on living with this. I have no life and I feel like it’ll never get better. Got my gastroenterology appointment tomorrow so we’ll see how that goes. Hoping he doesn’t write me off as a nut like all the others. 
  • Posted

Hi Maria I am in the same trouble too I've been ill since Christmas have I got been in hospital about 5 times with really bad pain in the end gave me a ERCP and they fount a gall stone stuck in my bile duct sent me home again and gave me another appointment for another ERCP to have it out . I  never fitted the remit for gall stones because I wa slim weighed about 8 stone just right for my height of 5.ft 2 ins I now weigh only 6 stone not eaten a good meal without pain for at least 5 months because I was Miss diagnosed. I have to see a gall stone doctor 1st of June all,that time I have waited they don't care that I was miss diagnosed at all . I am in constant  pain and feel nauseas after eating too so we can be fed up together .💐 I a man in England at the mercy of the failing NHS .🙏

• Posted

Ditto! What a fantastic health service we have, NOT!!! 19 months this has been going on for me now, i might aswel talk to a brick wall!

• Posted

I have to go on the boat this gallbladder surgery does not always help everybody in fact some people can   More problems afterwards.  However I would still go get it checked because it would be better to have it checked because it can rupture and that can also lead to problems . So I would recommend going to see a doctor. You can ask the doctors if you can have an a evaluation by a  surgeon  who does gallbladder surgery. Get the records from the hospital that you have had a history of gallstones In the bile duck or you can ask for a HIDA scan. I am in the USA.
  • Posted

what have you eating because some foods are not recommended for patients with gallstone. please consult another Dr. and let me know the progress

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up