Gallbladder help

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi im 49 years old female had gallbladder and stones removed two weeks ago im getting chest pains and between shoulders and across top of stomach i was told i wouldn't be of the toilet but i have been going every day and quite the opposite i do go daily i thought the pain would go but i now have new pains can any one help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It takes time, drink plenty water,do not over do it, no lifting,it can take months to heal,we have all had major surgery, you must take it easy,;;; all best,

• Posted

I was told the same but ended up constipated for a while. I also had different aches and pains, you've had surgery took me a good few months before I felt normal again.

• Posted

Hi as has been said in replies its only two weeks, your Liver and Intestines have to adjust, the fact your going to the Loo OK is a good sign. Many people talk about the air left behind when they inflate the area to do the op, so could well be that, so have you tried little walks which will help deflate the trapped air.

As with many post replies in here, small amounts of food which will soak up the bile but as your going to the Loo often, it takes that advice away, which then points to the Liver and that hopefully is just the transition period of bile now coming from there instead of GB.

Try not to worry yet. Wishing you well.

• Posted

Yes as Julian58133 said it takes time. I am 4 weeks post op and still have tenderness, soarness, and phantom pain. The trapped gas is painful, I felt it all the way up to my shoulders for a while and it was hard to breathe at times but gradually got better. Everything takes time, especially healing.

• Posted

i had terrible pains in my upper chest and across to both shoulders.i guess gas gets trapped. feels like someone is squeezing your chest so on someone's advice got charo caps .I had my gb taken out 9 days ago. my problem is im having hard time having bm's. the chest and shoulders are getting slowly better .im am just sooo fatigued but its gonna take time.good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.