Gallbladder/ibs?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm a 29 year old female.

I had my gallbladder removed in October due to sluggish stuff inside and it was causing biliary colic pain constantly. I went to the hospital 2 times for it! 

Anyways after the surgery I felt like a new person, I was happy and didn't have any problems and no pain what so ever.Well about a week and a half ago I started having pain again just like I had before surgery, I went to the hospital and they did Ct scan, and blood work and said they didn't find anything wrong! So I made an appointment to my doctor and told her what was going on and she took blood work for my liver, kidneys,white blood count the whole nine yards! Well I got the results and all was normal except my ast was 1 point lower than it should have been and she told me probably because I wasn't eating.

Anyways I having such a hard time dealing with all of this, having anxiety and wishing it would go away!

And I forgot to mention I am having very watery yellow stools which I've been having since last week. I also have heartburn and having pain under my ribs and back just like gallbladder pain! 

I am scared of pancreatitis or sphincter oddi 😭 I am currently waiting on a Gi doctor to call me so I can go in which I hope is very very soon!

I feel absolutely alone, has anyone els gone thru this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa

I had a lot of what your talking about.  I had my gallbladder out ( boarder lube low) because it appeared to be the problem.  I had an endoscopy in the hospital which showed I could have celiac or gluten intolerance but they never shared that info.  Needless to say I went on to have SOD surgery because I had pain all of the time.  Ended up in the hospital for a few days with small complications after surgery.  Still had constant pain on my right side.  Went to Mayo to be diagnosed with thoracic issues.  Went that route and not my problem.  Long story now .  I stopped eating gluten and I feel way better.  Not perfect but way better.  The doctors know very little about it and gave me test while I was not eating gluten so results said negative.  So annoying.  Hope this helps you 

• Posted

You aren’t alone. Most people who have gallbladder surgery are fine afterwards but there is a worrying number having issues such as yours.

It’s possible a stone has been missed or has newly formed and has now got stuck in the common bile duct. I believe it is possible for stones to be produced even after gallbladder removal, although I would have thought they’d show up on CT scan?? Hopefully GI doc will sort it out for you. Meantime eat low fat diet and try to stay positive.

• Posted

Yes, going through it now. Two years since surgery just getting worse. I am now having bad acid type pain in centre of back as well as nausea.  Gp trying ppi, was no use, now on zantac, feel very down. Dont think ive got to the bottom of problem yet.  I think im off to either gi doc or gallbladder surgeon next.  Too many people having these problems here after  lap choly.  I am petrified of pancreatitis or SOD as nobody seems to recover from them.
  • Posted

you must take it easy,you have had major surgery, mine over 12months now, still not right,   drink lots water, deep breathing excercise no fatty foods, if you are not happy, pester your doctor, its the only way these days;;;;
  • Posted

Lisa, your liver is producing bile and because your gallbladder's gone, bile is dripping constantly into your small intestine.  Sometimes, bile backs up into the stomach.  There is medication to bind the bile called cholestyramine,  Your doctor can write a prescription for it for you.  Most gp's don't know about this medication and neither do some gi doctors.  You don't need to suffer while you wait to see a gi doctor.  

IBS-D is a catch all diagnosis that combines several conditions into the main symptom, diarrhea.  It's a useless diagnosis, because they don't bother to find out what's wrong.  

There are many posts on this site about this problem. You're not alone. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.