Gallbladder & Lower Back Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, im new here and awaiting gallbladder removal in about 2-3 months. I’ve developed very painful lower back pain over the weekend as if I’ve strained or pulled a muscle... anyone else have this as part of  gallbladder problems or is it just a back problem!?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It’s highly likely connected yes,but really you should be taking this up with your g p or consultant.

best of luck.

• Posted

Hi JacquiLP. Yes, i have the same situation. I've gallbladder stones since 6 yrs ago and hv the lower back pain since about 2 or 3 yrs ago. I always feel pain since morning till night time. I can say it is happen 24 hrs, never feel free of pain even a day. Seems that i get used to it and can deal with it. Coz i'm so scare to get an operation.

• Posted

Everyone is scared of surgery but the consequences of hanging onto a sick gallbladder are far worse than the surgery. Please reconsider.
  • Posted

I also have issues with my lower back which I put down to pulled muscles or other soft tissue injury. It’s not constant but during a flare up I can hardly move. Never connected it before but now I’m wondering if there’s a connection?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.