Gallbladder: Multiple hyperechoic foci within gallbladder wall some with ring down artifact.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just received a message from my doctors office containing the results from an ultrasound, and the doctor is recommending a CT scan. I'm not so familiar with the terms from the test result, is this serious? I really don't want to go through a CT scan if possible.

Thank you,

James

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I would go through with the scan, those findings usually mean they saw some shadowing that looks suspicious so they have to rule out anything sinister. always better to be safe. I know CT scans carry their own risks but see if they'll do one with out the contrast which will make the risk less.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.