Gallbladder out

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi all. I had my gallbladder surgery on Monday, on day 4 now. The 1st 3 days were painful but not surprising since we are talking surgery. The only thing that really hurts now is a hard knot or bulge just above my belly button. Last night I was able to sleep on my side and stretch a little which felt really good. I haven't had any nausea apart from when I first woke up after surgery that lasted until I first got home. Havent had a problem eating but sticking with broth and saltines, cream of wheat and toast mostly. Really all went well just wondering what this hard bulge is.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It's the glue the surgeon used to close your incision. It will eventually fall off or be easily picked off. Don't mess with it too much.

• Posted

It's either glue, or stitches under the skin.  I had my gallbladder out 4 weeks ago and still have that hard lump underneath all the places that I had the incisions. The skin on the outside will be healed 5/6 days post surgery but the layers underneath take a lot longer.  It is most likely dissolving stitches that can take upto 3 months to disappear.  It's all fine and normal and best just left alone to heal.  Just remember about 10/14 days after surgery you won't be able to feel that you've had an operation but your body is still healing internally. It's really easy to forget and lift something heavy. You'll soon know if you've over done it!  Take care and enjoy being in recovery smile 

• Posted

Tomorrow it's been a week since surgery. I took my mom to the train station and yes I forgot and lifted her suitcase.😕 I still get tired and weak feeling but I am resting. I'm still wearing sweat pants because I can't even think about wearing jeans right now, really sore around belly.

• Posted

That's exactly how I felt just a week after.  Most of the time the pain is gone or just in the background, unless you're laying back on the sofa and then go to sit forward and it's quite a sharp pain down that right side!  Felt tired for a good 2/3 weeks after too.  I'm just over 4 weeks post op now and was hoovering this morning and could still feel a little pull in that right side. It was a reminder that it's still healing inside! 

• Posted

Hi can i ask if you had wind and was bloated and a annoying ache in the middle of your back with your gallstones please i feel as though when I've eaten everything feels lodged in my belly and back and aches .thanks

• Posted

I felt everything you listed. The worst pain for me was feeling like I was being repeatedly punched in the stomach for hours. Lying down with a heating pad helped. Happily that feeling is gone since surgery.
    • Posted

Hi thanks looks like my symptoms are common i feel as though now it's draining me I'm unhappy and uncomfortable i thought I'd got irritable bowel as the symptoms seem similar to that as well arghhhh 😞

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up