gallbladder pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Finally got an appointment to go see gastroenotology on 21st august about getting my gallbladder out, pain has got worse over last few days , had to go up to emergency doctor on Sunday night as it was that bad and my co codomol wasnt working, got the usual check up and jag on the bum andsent home, been in pain all day again and only had a slice of toast thisafternoon, pain seems to be changing like from tummy to inbetween my chest and all up my back, has any1 else had this sort of pain? Hate keepgoin back to doctor's every few days as sometimes think they think im playin up, thanksxx

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Why would you? The Doctors have little understanding these days.. or the Nurses for that matter.. Glad you have a date for the Op! try hot soup be easier on the gut than toast on its own or scrammbled egg.
    • Posted

Had soup yesterday and had some pain last nite, its gettin to the stage doesnt matter wat I eat im guaranteed pain! If im in pain tomoro again im goin back to the doctors, keep scaring myself wondering why mypain is nearly everyday now, as I suffer anxiety 2 thats making me feel worse as keep thinkin it must be something else, thanks for the reply x
  • Posted

Ask the Doc to give you a relaxant ie: Amytriptiline will calm you! 
  • Posted

Day 4 of pain! Doctors this afternoon they best do something! Really cant cope no more,
  • Posted

ASK HIM TO ADMIT YOU!

• Posted

I need to this pain is really bad today , more on my back and chest , im getting scared now...
  • Posted

Hi Tammi 

I think it's  Indigestion perhaps you are suffering..have you tried Gaviscon syrup..its very good to stop reflux and stomach issues..Well if it were me I would refuse to move out of his room until he asks for you to be admitted stat! down toyou!

• Posted

I actually thought I was away to suffer a heart attaxk earlier as it was that bad dawn, ive took 2 co codomals and its setling but be back with in 2 hours, only way I can get comfy is lying on all fours with a cushion under my tummy, I need to do something today , im due to go down england sunday till monday for a family funeral, if im like this I aint goin anywhere camt walk without pain bein bad x
  • Posted

You can get stronger ones from teh Doctor but this is only a quick fix..it needs to be sorted..The indigestion is a bit like Heart pains.. Pains in the left arm and fingertips ..like a strap around your chest is an MI..
    • Posted

I dont want to be on painkillers for so long, been takin co codomal every day since sunday , its eased a wee bit now so goin to try and have a nap untill its time to go, ill let u know how I get on x
  • Posted

Best of Luck.. Hope it gets sorted for you!
    • Posted

Hi dawn a wee update, got stronger painkillers codeine, and got inflammation tablets, havent had to touch the codeine pain seems to have gonedurin the day , yesterday amd today its only been comin in mornin , still feelin really weak and ill as havent been eatn much, goin to have a light meal tonite and yoghurt and hopefully I can build my strength back up, cause I aint any fat foods at this week think thats why im feelin ill, I have lost 7lbs in weight this week tho, dont know if thats good , so hope I can start eating light meals and feel better x
  • Posted

Glad you are feeling Bit better.. You should be eating small meals and often x5 a day. ..the morning will be when you have an empty tummy.. If you have lost 7lbs in weight thats good if you are a heavier weight. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. dont want you dehydrating.

• Posted

It has been a struggle to eat this last week, been livin off toast in mornin and soup in afternoon and nothin at nite, I read that mashed potatoes with broccoli all mashed up is good so I have just had that then a yoghurt for afters, im not a heavy girl my usual weight is 9.8 so was a bit shocked when I stood on the scales tis morning, im trying to find wat kind of food I can eat for meals that wont upset my tummy, because ivenot ate much during the week my stomach feels really weird now like I need to run toilet, cant wait to feel better again x
  • Posted

Any Veggies Mashed Spud my favourite! Gravy granulated stuff or Oxo with cornflour.. Fish is Good Trout/ Sea Bass/ fried in Olive Oil..Chicken and Salad.. or veg.. small meals though Spaghetti in Pesto sauce ..how are you with Eggs? Souffle scrammbled..Milk puddings Macaroni Semolina..tinned stuff on hand try it? Yoghurt plain with Honey. Dont go to bed on an empty tummy.. try cereal at night before bed. Hot milky drink. Providng the Milk is not Full Fat it should be ok..

You  must eat ..it when your stomach is empty I guess it causes the Pains.. Its to do with the Bile relaeased into the Gall Bladder comes through into the bile duct for release when you eat..Stick to Polyunsaturates Butter better if made from OliveOil Bertoli..( Fish which had Omega 3 Oils  good any fish SARDINES/ Flked Tuna..Baked Potatoes.. Crackers and bertoli & Marmite..

• Posted

Aww thank u dawn, im away to write all this down lol, im fine wif eggs, over the last year ive found things like spicy foods , nuts , cheese and even chocolate could give me pain, this is the worst ive felt this week wif the pain , last saturday I skipped breakfast and lunch and had a small fry up for tea which I know wasnt the best idea, and ever since then ive been feelin ill, im gonna have some weetabix for supper wif semi skimmed milk, never want to feel like that again, need to be well for Sunday for my long journey down Leicester , thanks for all ur help smile its good to know there is people out there that have some really good advice, and knowing people can offer help so glad I joined this site, thought I was goin out my mind x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.