Gallbladder pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

hey, i have had gallbladder pain for a few years usually a couple of attacks a year but it goes away within a couple of days. since new year this year i have had constant pain every day like a constant ache where my gallbladder is my tummy feels heavy and sometimes i feel sick. i have a scan next monday but im terrified they will find something sinister. i have been to a&e 3 times all blood tests came back fine. just looking some reassurance thanks x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the same problem for years too. I didnt have gall stones, so they wouldnt do anything, until one day I got so sick, and the pain wouldnt go away. Drs. decided to do surgery. They said my gallbladder had stop working, and removed it,. that was 4 years ago. my life has been so misrable since I had it taken out. can only eat a few foods. If I eat something that doesnt agree with me, i get deathly sick, I can hardly work. i have constipation everyday, or yellow greasy liquid stool. i have panic attacks all the time. throw up alot, with gas and pain, and I cant sleep. It is a horribke way to live now. all I can say to you is. Try to keep your gallbladder as long as you can. Just eat real clean foods. no fat, except olive oil, or spice, or chocolate, sodas, or alcoholic drinks, as that affects the liver.. Stress makes it worse. i hope this helps. You need a hida scan, to see how your gallbladder works.... im not saying dont do the surgery if the Drs. think you need it. but I think you will know when the time comes.

• Posted

The ones who preach 'get your gall bladder out you'll be o k' on this forum definitely should read your post...... However they will more than likely tell you you are in the minority of patients who have adverse symptoms after their gall bladders have gone.

I hope you have spoken to your doctor or better still write to them and put your case to them and ask if they can help you with your symptoms.

I had gall stones that were cholesterol based and there were 5 of them. Under medical supervision the stones were dissolved with ursodeoxycholic acid tablets. It is well worth researching that method and it is all on the internet and written by medical researchers and professionals.

• Posted

I agree with the last post....get a HIDA scan and possibly an ultrasound. You need to know if you have gallstones, or a low functioning gallbladder or possibly a clogged bile duct. I felt the same as you and worried that there was something really bad wrong with me. I had the ultrasound and the HIDA scan and found out that my gallbladder was low functioning. It was removed 11 days ago and I am doing great. I have no more diarrhea or gallbladder attacks. However, I am still on a strict "gallbladder diet" and was told by my surgeon to eat nothing high in saturated or trans fats for at least a month. The tests are invaluable as they give the doctor lots of information. Good luck!!!

• Posted

hello, try not to worry. I know easier said than done but worrying can make it worse. Is it an ultrasound scan you're booked in for?

I have had gallbladder pain for nearly 8 years, same as you in that it would last a few days and then go. But over the past couple years it stayed longer and i started to develop bad heartburn and indigestion and I am left feeling like I'm all bruised or something where my gallbladder is round my side and back. I've had a few ultrasounds and blood tests over the years and everything was clear. Got put on omeprazole in the summer because of the heartburn etc but that made it worse. I even ended up at the hospital during one of the episodes of pain at this point. Finally i was referred for an endoscopy and not going to lie, i fretted and worried so much. Endoscopy showed some inflammation in my duodenitis. the GP I saw after that was the first to say just because there is no stones it doesn't mean the gallbladder is working! So i was referred to a consultant and i had a hida scan the other week. Not had results yet and I'm trying not to start worrying again. I'm seeing the consultant mid march. The pain is still there and i get indigestion after eating anything so roll on March! Hope you feel better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.