Posted , 6 users are following.
So i was diagnosed with gallstones in Oct last year and placed on a 3 month waiting list to get them removed. In that time I had a few pretty big attacks but mostly mild attacks after anything I ate. Anything fatty is completely off the menu.
I got a letter end of Jan stating that the hospital had tried to contact me - the date listed was 4th of Jan but they didnt send the letter until the 26th. I found out that despite previously attending the hospital they had my wrong number. What followed was 2 weeks of phone tag after i got it sorted out but finally I saw a pre op clinic in end of Feb.
At this clinic the doctor discussed getting tested for Malignant Hyperthermia as my mother has it. However we discovered this would be another 3 months wait and at this point i was experiencing mild-moderate pain everday and it was affecting my life. I pretty much could only work as that left very little energy for anything else.
After that appointment I finally got a date for March 16th. I was goven 2 weeks notice and had to rush to organise time off work (I run a child care program so not easy to get replacements) and hospital pick ups and drop offs and blood tests.
Everythi g was sorted after a lot of stress and mucking around. However yesterday (10th March) the hospital rang me and said that they were not comfortable preceeding with the surgery without my having a muscle biopsy - to sum up its a lot of effort to run a surgery to protect against MH and they dont want to unless they have to.
The doctors seemed surprised when i mentioned the 3 month wait. I pretty much broke down in tears on the phone. I see one of them on Thursday to discuss options but ultimately I'm not very impressed.
Anyways the point of this is that unless I can convince the doctors otherwise they want to kake me wait 3-6 months to get this test before rescheduling. I've had previous surgery for tonsils at a different hospital where this wasnt an issue but transferring my referral wouldnt be easy. And i cant live another 3 - 6 months with pain, nausea and feeling like i cant eat. Today i attempted to vacuum and mop but the very act of that mist have shifted the stone as i ended up feeling super nauseous.
Suggestions please on ways to alieve the symptoms as nothing is working and I feel so hopeless.
0 likes, 8 replies