Gallbladder pain ! will i ever get this sorted ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I posted on here in 2008 as i had been having problems with my gallbladder for quite a few years. My pain started off with the excruitiating pain in my back & side etc. I was sent for 2 ultrasound scans but each time nothing was found. I still suffer on & off with pain in my back & side. Recently i have found it very uncomfortable to cross my arms across my chest as i find it very tender right in my chest between my ribcage! I have recently seen my doctor about this & she suggested i take omeprazol as i could be suffering with a hiutus hernia (excuse spelling) which my mother suffered with. today i have woken up with a very uncomfortable feeling under my right rib cage...i have experienced this uncomfortable pain before but today it seems extra uncomfortable & painful !!!I

I am not normally one to keep going back to the doctors with every slight little niggle i get but i'm thinking i should try & get this sorted as its actually getting me down now !!! I am always feeling uncomfortable & in pain either in my back,stomach or chest/ribs (.I think My husband must think I am a moany old bag as I am also moaning about pain within all of these area's !!Lol )

Does anybody share the same symptoms as me ? could this be an inflamation of my gallbladder ?

I woud be very greatful if anybody can share their symtoms with me.Many Thanks

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes it does sound like inflammation of your Gallbladder, you need to get the thing looked at otherwise it'll just go on and on until you end up at A&E one day sad Firstly you need some pain relief, soluble Paracetamol and (if it is safe for you to take) Ibuprofen should help, another over the counter medicine that can help some people is called Kolanticon Gel, a good slug may help take the spasms out of it,, also you need to take a close look at your diet, put the fatty ready meals and other convenience foods in the dustbin, the best things for you are fresh fruits, vegetables and lean meats wink Whatever you eat fat is definitely (but not exclusively) your enemy with regards to Gallbladder kick offs smile
  • Posted

Thank you very much for reply ....i kinda know that it would be an inflamation of my gallbladder as i have suffered for many years ...but having 2 ultrasound scans & being told i dont have gall stones i kinda feel like a fraud going back & forth to see my doctor !

All said & done tho today i have been very uncomfortable & i know i really need to go back to see my GP next week which i will do ;@....it does to tend to flare up more if i put a few extra pounds on so i will be sticking to a healthier diet to try & ease it.

I have also been feeling quite slugish & tired alot ....didnt know wether feeling like this id due to my gallbladder problems or due to the fact that my BP is slightly raised at the moment too .

I have never heard of Kolanticon gel but i will be sure to go to the chemist tomorrow to buy some ! I just hope this helps me smile thanks again Leigh

• Posted

Pain can raise your BP, depending on what the possible stones are made of they can be transparent (invisible) to Ultrasound,, yeah Kolanticon Gel is kind of like Gaviscon but slightly more slimy and unpleasant (but still bearable) tasting, about £5 for a big bottle ;D
  • Posted

hi i also have had pain under rib area for 7years,4scans showed no gallstones,after tests i was found to have a sliding hiatus hernia,so maybe that is what your is.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up