Gallbladder Polyp

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I recently had an us for stomach pain and they incidentally found an 8 mm gallbladder polyp.  I am terrified.  I am getting my GB out in a week but can’t help but panic that this is cancerous!  Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks so much!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha,

I had my gallbladder removed 7 months ago due to a 7mm polyp. You are doing the right thing getting it removed. Anything over 10mm has a greater risk of malignancy. Try not to worry too much ☺.

• Posted

Hi again,

Wondering how long it took you to get results.  Was your doctor at all comforting after the procedure or able to tell you anything reassuring?

• Posted

Hi

I had my op nearly 8 months ago. I never received any results regarding the polyp or the state of my gallbladder. My gp said this is normal and you are only contacted if something sinister shows up. I'm kind've annoyed by this it would be nice to know either way. I still have a lot of unanswered questions.

Do you have any pain? I had a lot of pain it went on for 3 years. The bigger the polyp got the more pain I experienced. I was monitored for 3 years before it was finally removed due to it growing.

Are you in the U.K.?

• Posted

I’m in the US. That seems odd to me that they wouldnt give you results.  Maybe call and find out.

I’m not in pain just extremely worried and want it out!!

• Posted

Hi Samantha 

yes it is worrying but mine was 11mm when they took it out and all results came back fine.my consultant told me if they get to 10 mm they like to remove them.I sure you will be fine x

• Posted

Thanks so much for the reply!  How long did it take to get results?  Was the doctor able to tell you anything after surgery??
  • Posted

No they don’t tell you the results straight away because they send it away to be looked at I think I waited three weeks or four weeks  for results but I called my surgeons secretary for mine and she read the letter what was going to my doctors to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.