Gallbladder polyp issues?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can lend some advice, I'm at the end of my tether! For over 6 months now I have had a combination of reflux, loose tan stool, trapped wind, gassy burping, right shoulder pain and tender when pressed under right ribs.

ive had a host of tests; xray, endoscopy, several blood tests, x2 stool tests, urine tests and ultrasound. The ultrasound detected a 4mm polyp, I thought 'hurrah' least after months of issues and tests ive discovered the reasons behind everything, but the GP seemed convinced that polyps dont cause symptoms, so now im completely remiss as what this could be as the US detected no stones which the GP said would cause issues.

My first question is, are my symptoms similar to anyone elses?

is the GP correct that polyps dont cause issues?

Ive been referred to a surgeon, what should I ask or any suggestions?

Thank you all, any advice most welcome this beginning to adversely affect my life 😫

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

I had very similar symptoms and had a 6mm polyp which was monitored with regular scans for approx 2 years. The problem is that polyps themselves are not known to cause these problems and the Dr's are not usually concerned by polyps until they reach approx 10mm and become higher risk.

Once I started having abdominal pain as well as back pain it was decided that the polyp and the symptoms warranted further investigation and I was referred to a general surgeon. I have just had my GB removed. The fact that you have been referred to a surgeon and not a gastroenterologist would be a good sign I think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.