Gallbladder problems ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

For 5yrs I've been in pain ,firstly doctor diagnosed me with anxiety ,terrible chest pains ,belching ,tummy gurgling,wind,sloppy poo,sweating,nausea,loss of appetite,weight loss,after several visits to GP ,they then said menopause and getting no better on anti - depressants ,blood tests came back ,with anemia .then  I collapsed 15 months ago ,was taken to A&E with internal bleeding ,due to two stomach ulcers ,they put camera down my throat ,I became so weak and anemic,was on iron tablets for 3 yrs total. On omeprazole for the stomach acid ,been back to a different GP and he now suspects gall stones awaiting my ultrasound scan .

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

If it's gall stones it may solve your acidic problems. I had gastritus and peptic ulcers for 15 years lived on gaviscon . Given courses of omeprazole to take . But ended up only able to eat toast, boiled potatoes and boiled veg to avoid pain. I also when anxious can produce stomach acid in seconds, nausea, burping etc... 

Since having my gall bladder removed I came off omeprazole within a month of surgery . I can eat fruit with no heart burn. I can eat curries . I can eat normally . I think one side effect of gallbladder removal is your bile just drips into your stomach slowly . You can no longer have a great gush of stored bile squirted into your stomach from your gallbladder. For someone like me it's solved my stomach lining problems for some people it causes digestive issues but for me it's done the trick. Hope it's the same for you ...

• Posted

Thanks Sally forgot to mention pain in my right side and mustard coloured poo.
  • Posted

Well pain in right side is why your doctor suspects gallstones. Mustard coloured poo I have no idea about but it sounds like your digestive tract gives you problems ... Hope your scan reveals the problem x
  • Posted

Okay just saw your post about mustard colored poo... I have that post gallbladder removal... It is called bile salts diarrhea. Before surgery, I would get this yellowy diarrhea on occasion because my gb would release a lot of bile at once.
    • Posted

Hi ,yes blood tests have now come back normal,sometimes I eat and twenty minutes after ,have to dash to toilet.mainly if it's a fat containing meal or snack ,ice- cream,spicey chicken ,burger,yoghurt etc so now avoiding ,I am not overweight  or anything size 12 .
    • Posted

Hi Tracy77676,

I have to agree with the other post that your symptoms sound like gallbladder, or liver problems.  Although I believe that the color of your poop (light in color) is from lack of bile production which would explain why you have problems eating fatty and spicy foods.  I have had problems with my gallbladder/liver for many, many years now.  I just recently had a very bad gallbladder attack from eating something that I knew I should not eat - dairy.  All the symptoms you listed in your first post are common symptoms for gallbladder problems including the sweating.  When I am careful about what I eat and when I eat, I do not have any problems; I also have had to force myself to drink a lot more water.  Sometimes I do take a chance and have a hamburger, or something from the "do not eat list", but I try to make sure that I eat those things early in the day and follow up with digestive aids and drink lots of water.  I also try to make sure that I take a tablespoon of olive oil (organic first cold press) mixed with a tablespoon of organic lemon juice concentrate every morning.  The oil helps with softening what is in the bile ducts and the lemon aids with emulsifying the fats.  There are a lot of natural ways by way of diet and supplements to cleanse and repair your digestive tract.  I have just listed a few here.  I would also recomend juicing to that list.  Best of luck to you confused      

• Posted

Thank you so much ,I am going to try the oil and lemon juice tip. I really need to repair my digestive tract . What other foods apart from fatty or spicy are on the do not eat list ? I had avoided taking my fish oil supplement as doctor said no fat,or oils,or butters.and questioned myself about acidic fruits are they good or bad for me.
    • Posted

What seems to be common among most is dairy, red meat, pork, sugar, fatty foods, spicy foods.  With that said, I do believe and have read others say that some people can tolerate some of those things better than others which would make sense scince some of us have a bigger digestive problem than others.  I have also read not to eat acidic fruits, but have heard from different medical proffessionals about the oil and lemon being a good thing.  I have had several very bad gallbladder attacks and finally, after hearing it suggested from different sources, to drink apple cider vinegar mixed in water, I did.  I was very scared to try this because it just seemed as though it would make my pain worse, but I was so desperate, took a chance and it did actually relieve my pain quite a bit.  So I don't know why those things would be good yet other acidic foods would not.  Sometimes I can eat some of those things in moderation and be fine, but do so earlier in the day.  Sometimes I think that it is a combination of things that may just overload my liver and I live to regret those choices.  I guess the best suggestion I could give you would be to research any questions you have on the internet and not depend on one source for an answer.  There is a ton of information out there, you just have to sift through it all and find what works best for yousmile  

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up