gallbladder removal and nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

Some history I had three gallstones attacks in 4 weeks, one lasted for 8 hours, one for 4 days and one for an hour. I also had nausea vomiting and bloatiness and gas. I couldn't eat anything as I always felt full. I had my gallbladder removed 8 days ago and the pain afterwards was really bad but that is improving. I still have nausea and gas and a little bit of diarrhea. I have already had one week off work and tried to go back but was really really exhausted. I also have sore eyes and nausea all the time which is the hardest thing to deal with as well as the exhaustion.

Everyone I spoke to seemed to get better within a week and I am really stressing out and wondering if I will ever get better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you gone back to the doctor, either the surgeon on the one who recommended the surgery?  I'm not a doctor but it is not normal to have this continuing nausea.  You can get a second opinion if these, your usual ones don't help you with this problem.  I'd sure do it if you aren't improved very soon.  Hope for better days.
    • Posted

Thanks Sally.

Im going back to dr tomorrow. Just wondered if this was normal or not.

• Posted

It does take a while to get over this operation.

I had my gallbladder removed at end of April.

I am better than I was but am still having to be careful what to eat.

The diarrhoea should settle down.

People are very different and sometimes it does take longer to recover.

I certainly would not worry about it, just be patient.

Hope you continue to improve.

Take care and keep in touch

Love Sarah

• Posted

Thanks heaps Sarah

Did you have the nausea as well? Anything you recommend that would help?

• Posted

No I did not have the nausea.

Basically keep to a low fat diet.

Some people have trouble with curry and spicy food but I have always been OK with that.

It is just trial and error really, people are so different.

Take note of any food that makes it worse and stay off that.

Take care and keep in touch

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Everybody recovers and heals at different speeds i am 18 months down the line from having mine removed and still suffering from pain vomiting nausea bloating. It is not constant i seem to have flare ups every couple of weeks. Everyone knows their own bodies and knows when something isnt right i would monitor your symptoms and if you are still not happy i would go back to your doctor and see what they say. Just try to take things easy and be careful what you eat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.