Gallbladder removal day 5

Posted , 4 users are following.

Feeling good today. All but my top incision where my body bends are unnoticable when moving and that one isnt bad either. 90% of the residual swelling near my belly button is gone now. I had beef lasagna last night with garlic toast, caesar salad and some assorted fruits and veggies and other than some mild gas I felt fine. It was awesome having beef after so long without it and loving my full flavour sauce. Hoping things continue this way. Then I might be able to start lifting my baby next week. I've just been having people move her and then caring for her on higher surfaces. Brought the stroller in so I could rock her to sleep and feed her in there. Good luck to everyone else on their recoveries smile

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That is so good to hear and very encouraging to others like me on here who still have their gallstones. I don't know how you have done it with a baby you are amazing.
    • Posted

Thanks anita. There were definitely a few nights that were really hard pre op. Being awake at 4 am with an attack and trying to calm a teething baby was a struggle and a half but it did help keep my mind off the attack and passed the time. I hope your surgery comes quickly and turns out well smile
  • Posted

Really pleased you are feeling better. I had mine done yesterday and so far have soreness and bruising but the nauseous and back ache I had before the operation have gone so I am feeling very positive. How about you? Lovely to read you have eaten your favourite food. How many stains did you have? They let me keep my largest one so I keep looking at it and thinking you beast giving me all that pain for so long.
    • Posted

*stones
    • Posted

I don't know for sure how many I had. They never told me. There were many small ones anyways. I passed at least 20 before my surgery and there were still more on the ultrasound scans. I haven't had any nausea although my back still gets a bit sore by the end of the day from swelling but just uncomfortable not gallbladder type pain. The second day was the worst for swelling and discomfort
    • Posted

I have just started feeling a sharp pain inside where my gallbladder was. I felt great earlier this morning.Did you have that on your second day? I'm finding sitting up or standing is much better than lying down for pain relief.
    • Posted

Standing was best for me as well and i did have some pain in that area when my body was swollen and when my tummy was gassy. Once it settled the pain went with it. Eating actually helped it a few times
  • Posted

Sounds great I am improving too. My sister is going to change my dressing for me.in a little while. Managed my first poo without straining, wonderful feeling.

Keep up the good work

Sarahxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.