Gallbladder removal issue

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed almost 6 months ago But im still expericing the same nausea as i did before i had it removed and sharp pains where the incesions were made i am a 17 year old male 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, i to suffered with chronic nausea after my gallbladder was removed. My gp prescribed metoclopramide10mg and cyclizine 50mg which did help . I am now 9 months post op and nausea free for the last 2 months . I hope this helps you as I was nearly going crazy with the nausea.
    • Posted

My surgeon told my nausea should have done subsided and that he could not prescribe me any anti nausea medication 
    • Posted

I am sorry but I would be going straight to my gp not the surgeon, I found the nausea to be debilitating but once on the tablets it really helped.
  • Posted

I agree with Elizabeth. Go to your doctor not your surgeon. Those guys do hundreds of those surgeries a year & do not understand the after affects of the surgery. Your doctor should take care of you. If not find another. God bless.
  • Posted

Hi Jerbur

You could try raspberry leaf tea from a health food shop for the nausea. Drink it black without sugar if possible. Otherwise add lemon and/or honey to make it palatable. I used raspberry leaf tea for nausea during pregnancy and it worked really well in my experience. Other people say peppermint tea works for nausea - you can make that from picking leaves off a plant and steeping them in hot water. Okay - so I know you're male, 17 and your nausea is not due to morning sickness - but  the tea solution is cheaper than a prescribed medicine, so might be worth a shot... Also pay attention to the foods you eat in general - some people get nausea and griping pains from milk and milk products, but switching to lactose free milk gives them instant relief. A final suggestion is to try apple cider vinegar (with the mother) in it or lemon juice. My husband found these helpful in alleviating his nausea. All the best, Beau

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.