Gallbladder removal problems post surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all

i had my gallbladder taken out with keyhole around 4 weeks ago, felt so much better up until this week, monday i woke with a very tender abdomen all over, was like it was bruised, i didnt fell unwell with it, now for last 4 days ive had upper right quadrant discomfort and also in my back, sometimes inbeetrwn shoulder blades and under right shoulder lade amd round right side.

bowel movements have been slow but picking up, when passing it just small lumps, i have been eating quite well.

anyone have any ideas?? i dont think it pancreas related, as ive had pancreatitis in the past and this nothing like it, but just confused as pain similar to before gallbladder was taken out.

i had chronic chloesystitis and they could only remove 80% of the gallbladder as it had stuck ti the small bowel, just worried if a stent has come loose etc

thanks in advance

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It isn't unusual to have post op pain with gallbladder removal but it is also possible that the remaining part of the gallbladder is causing problems.Did you feel any pranging sensation of something coming loose when you mention worries about the stent. I know someone who had a stent after abdominal surgery and it came loose and she felt it slipping out of place. Discuss these possibilities with your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.