Gallbladder removed 3 days ago

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Feeling surprisingly well, very hungry though. So far the worst part has been not being able to shower or wipe myself! I got a little gassy and that was hard to pass. Anyone recently  freed of their gallbladder?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes almost two weeks now still can barely eat still gassy and popping without a laxative is impossible for me i felt great for few days but the pressure and constant bloating is ungodly and my body is not accepting of food bland bland broth diet at this point im glad i had the surgery but it has had its draw backs 
    • Posted

Yup my tummy is really not happy! Everyone around me is eating good food and I've been eating chicken broth or applesauce. Finally showered todayYahoo! How are your scars? 
    • Posted

I totally agree with 'll you have said. 6 weeks yesterday had op.. bloating , impression eating, CONSTIPATION. Docusate 3 times daily, fybogel twice daily and senacot once desperate. Colonoscopy next week so at least that will clear me! Glad it was done, just takes time to recover. Hopefully we will all get there in the end.
    • Posted

Yes we will i will take having the surgery and its complications over the horrible pain weight loss and constant puking and diarrhea from a non functional gallbladder anyday i did however bust my internal stiches and i believe i herniated my torn muscles from the surgery definitely do not lift anything over the weight of a gallon of milk like they tell you its not worth the pain im enduring now with my incisions having to reheal etc
    • Posted

Unfortunately i busted my incisions open and my internal stiches are coming out because i picked up my two year old a few times and thats all it took i think i herniated those torn/cut muscles as well im in a lot of pain again as everything is rehealing but i only have 4 incisions 
  • Posted

One of the major complictions of surgery - especially abdominal surgery - is Gas. It hurts and makes the hurt of the surgery worse. Take this easy, get someone to help you to reduce strain on the stitches but move. Dangle: sit on the side of the bed with legs dangling for as long as you can. A couple days, you will know when it's possible, stand at the side the bed: dangle and stand, dangle and stand. Walk slowly around the bed: get in on the other side if necessary, or turn and walk back around. Sounds silly? Yes: but it works to exercise your gut and make it work better - gas moves instead of collecting. Try to lay on your left side to nap - or at least use a pillow to support your hips/lower back while you rest. 

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up