Gallbladder removed

Posted , 5 users are following.

It' been 3 days post op.and I have serve gas.how long should this last

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda,

It can last a week , but the more you move and walk about & move your shoulders & arms the better it gets.

My daughter found mint tea helped a lot.

Regards

Carol

• Posted

What kind of gas? Flatulation? Or the discomfort from the gas they pump in you? If it's the prior, try some probiotics - it helped for me. I would feel like I was filling up like a balloon, then it would quickly dissipate and my insides would gurgle and I could feel air moving around in my intestines. Then I would pass wind and the process would start over again a few minutes later. If it's the later, get up and walk around, stretch and take OTC pain meds.

• Posted

Hi

It is the gas they pump into you.

But she still feels like she doesn't want to eat & very uncomfortable, it will be 2 weeks post op on Thursday & bless her she is miserable I think she thought after the op everything would go back to normal & she is struggling with the changes you need to make .

Not easy & thank you

• Posted

I had both types of gas so I asked HER for a clarification. The gas that they pump in you does NOT cause flatulation. I went through the surgery too so I know exactly what she's going through.

• Posted

I had my gallbladder removed nearly 2 years ago and to be honest I never had any problems with gas so can't be much help to you I'm afraid.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.