Gallbladder removed having bad stomach pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed 9 days ago and my stomach feels worse now then it did before I had it out. Nausea, bloating and no appetite. One day I can eat a little the next not much at all. Lost about 10lbs so far. Having anxiety thinking maybe I need a endoscopy done to check the stomach. Stomach feels worse in the morning than in the evening . Just seeing i could get any thoughts on this.

I had a CT of abdomin with contrast before surgery all normal and ultra sound. I did have stones just not functioning properly 17% . The ancxity and worrying. Any help would be appreciated

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I couldn’t agree more. Jello and popsicles have helped me. Have you tried that? 
    • Posted

Yes, thanks for response i have eaten that and Apple sauce as well as pudding. I have eaten some turkey, but it's day to day like yesterday I was not good, but could still eat some things. Today I woke up with stomach pain and bloating and get much down. Mornings are the worst so far. I know I'm only a little over a week from surgery it's just sucks. I felt better before surgery if i compare it to this .

• Posted

Hi Brian45682, sorry to hear your having issues after removal and I can fully understand your anxiety.  I am not a DR so my comment is not valid and one can only say discuss this with your GP.   Not everyone has a breeze after removal and we are all different in make up.  I do not know if what I am about to suggest is correct but I would be trying to eat foods which are low in fat and that will make your tummy work such as wholemeal bread banana and potato.  Depending on what you suffered before removal, could be that your hesitant about eating properly now.   There is no doubt in my mind the effects of GB illness and weight loss does affect the psyche so be strong and positive if you canbiggrin
  • Posted

I think it's too early to come to conclusions. Better to avoid turkey or other non veg foods for a month and then give it a try. Right now try with less oil/fat/protein foods. Again each one is different.Did you do endoscopy before GB removal?

• Posted

No endoscopy before surgery but I see my surgeon on Tuesday for my 2 week flow up it's gotten a little better over the last couple days. We will see what he he suggest when I see him.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.