gallbladder removed - lecithin ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my cholecystectomy last week, I am following clean diet with odd treat

so far all ok, get the odd post surgery pains, still recovering

I have read some articles about benefits of lecithin after gallbladder removal, to help emulsify the fats 

has anyone used lecithin post cholecystectomy and felt it benefited them ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Glad your surgery went well, and you're recovering.  My suggestion is to eat regular, small meals. There's a gallbladder diet on this site for folks who still have a gallbladder, but it will work for those who've just had surgery.  Remember that your body has to adjust to not having a gallbladder, which will take some time.  Don't start giving yourself supplements until you have a consistent pattern of eating and elimination.  Wait about 6 weeks, I think, and then analyze what's happening--and do some research if you have problems.  

Some people start taking supplements, etc. before their bodies have a chance to heal and normalize.  Your body's already struggling. Let it heal, first.  

• Posted

Hi I use lecithin, its  a natural product added to heaps of foods, I also take bile salts and enzymes and had no issues with food smile
    • Posted

thanks Star42, I may also give the enzymes a try. I think a good quality lecithin supplement (non GM granules ) can be good for digestiion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.